#141 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I work for the largest auto finance company in the country, Toyota Financial. I have been here for 4 years as of December.

Posted Image

I have spent the better part of the last 20 years working for financial firms. I missed a turn somewhere, as I studied to be a recording engineer, and it just did not end up going that path. My Grandfather, Father, abd brother are all auto body men, seems I missed that turn as well! LOL

#142 MicroNitro

MicroNitro

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Full Name:jim littiken

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

I make Model parts. Life is good.

Attached Files

#143 Tom Setzer

Tom Setzer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Full Name:Thomas J.C. Setzer

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

Retired Navy Cheif on Medical in 1970. Then worked for the Navy as a civilian until 1980 when Ihad t0 go back on retirement, due to my health. I spent the next coyple of years in and out of the Hospital just to get back to where I could get out of bed. Now I just Read, write a few History articles, and build models.

#144 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

I am a geological engineer-in-training. I mostly work with dirt. :P

#145 C.C.RACER

C.C.RACER

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Full Name:CLAY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Well I have 33 years in the automotive industry . Presentley work for Merceds Benz as a service advisor. Have done everytime from tire buster,ASE master tech,parts warehouse manager,tire store manager, ect... best job I have is being a good father and partner to my wife of 33 years. She puts up with a lot and has giving me Two "Man Cave's" as a reward. Love this thread as it 's a great way to get to know who you are reading about. Thanks guys and give yourselfs a hand to have made it this far in life.
:)

#146 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

I make Model parts. Life is good.

Jim, I think you meant to say.." I make really awesome model parts! Life is good!"

#147 peter31a

peter31a

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Full Name:Peter McDonald

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Was nursing assistant in Mental Health facility for 14 years. Worked my way down the ladder to become a driver in the transportation department of the same facility for the past 17 years. Drive a Freightliner box truck to move food, laundry, meds and other supplies throughout the campus.

#148 Nate

Nate

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Full Name:Nate Johnson

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm a licensed structural engineer as well. Most of the buildings we design are K through 12 schools and college and university buildings. Also do some health care, data centers. Mostly low to mid-rise buildings.

I was a structural engineer for 35 years (still am licensed, but retired) working for Hill Engineers, Architects, Planners, a small 50 person consulting firm. We did everything needed for buildings and started as paper mill experts. You ALL have samples made in the first building I designed ... a new paper machine plant for Crane & Company here in Dalton, MA ... they make 100% of US Currency paper there! ... yes, it has a green aura inside! I've done work in over 1000 paper mills around the world but with the decline in the industry in the US we worked on commercial, educational, residential and just about anything else that came along. I loved going to work every day as every new job had something new I had never done before. It was a lot like modeling nowadays! :)

#149 Nate

Nate

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Full Name:Nate Johnson

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

I am a geological engineer-in-training. I mostly work with dirt. :P

What's the difference between a geological engineer and a geotechnical engineer?

#150 sweeper

sweeper

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:William Trudgeon

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Bigger word! LOL!

#151 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

For nine years I have been driving a minivan bus for transporting special needs kids to school. Before that, I did eight years in ball bearing assembly, clean room environment. Also did eight years pre-press (inc “stripping” LoL). Previously went to trade school to learn auto body, stayed in that for a few years.

#152 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Ph. D. in physics, grad. mech. engineer, grad. automotive/vehicle/aeroplane/aerospace engineer, grad. foreign trade economist. Worked in the physical/destructive material testing and quality control equipment field, quantum physics, astro physics, nano technology.

Now I run a funeral home, an auto restoration business, I'm a technical advisor to a top fuel funnycar team and a BriSCA F1 Stockcar team, I'm an investigative journalist, political activist and writer, and a bandleader.

So strictly speaking, I don't have a day job. I work when I don't sleep. Keeps me from mischief.

Edited by Junkman, 10 October 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#153 eizzle

eizzle

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Full Name:Colin Frost

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

You sir, need a hobby! Man, how do you find time to build anything but z's in bed???

#154 peekay

peekay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Full Name:Peter Kennedy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Studied Grafic Design in the late 60s but spent most of the 70s on the road in NZ in rock bands - best job I ever had.
Came to Switzerland in 1981 and kind of lost the plot. A series of more or less dead-end jobs until a major health blow 3 years ago.
I've been in early retirement since then, minus one lung, but doing fine and enjoying life.

Edited by peekay, 10 October 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#155 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,345 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

I work in the Automotive Aftermarket field and have done so for the last 26 years. Before that I spent some time figuring out life and working at several auto dealerships (Buick, Mazda, Mercedes, BMW, Chrysler, Alfa Romeo).

I currently work for NAPA as a regional sales rep for their line of import replacement parts. The territory takes me from Washington DC to Augusta GA and all the way over to the Atlantic Ocean.

I got out of the auto parts business for nearly a year back in 2000 and worked in motorsports but it was a stressful and hectic life and I came back to the auto parts business. Some days are spent on the computer, some days are behind the wheel of my Camry, and others are spent working with customers either in their store or visiting their customers.

Nice to see how many others here work in the parts business.

#156 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

What's the difference between a geological engineer and a geotechnical engineer?

That depends. A geotechnical engineer can be an engineer with a civil engineering background or a geological engineer, which has a combination of civil engineering and geology background. I'm more specialized in the geotech field than a colleague that took just civil engineering.

Also, I can register as a professional engineer AND a professional geologist.

Edited by kataranga, 11 October 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#157 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,915 posts
  • Full Name:^^^^

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have a brother in law that is a manager (in the grocery dept I think) in the Jackson, MI meijer. Where is Dewitt?

It's about 50 miles North-ish of Jackson, in Clinton County. It's actually closer to Lansing- only a few miles north of Lansing on 127.

#158 SuperStockAndy

SuperStockAndy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Full Name:Andy "Android" Conn

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Professional dishwasher on the weekends! Posted Image

:lol: But it's a paying job though!

#159 Bruce Poage

Bruce Poage

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

I spent 39 years in Kansas public education as elementary teacher, elementary/junior counselor. I retired in 2006 and then went back to work for 2 years as para-educator. Then I was asked to work as Facilities Administrator for a new and growing stand alone Bible church, Fellowship Bible Church. In just 4.5 years weekend atttendance has doubled from 800 to 1600. Too much for this old guy to take care of. I will retire again in December but have my eye on some volunteer locations. If all else fails maybe I can start to make a dent in the 132 models on my stash shelves. It's all been fun.

#160 B.DougBeck

B.DougBeck

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Beck

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Thank you for your service, to all that risk your lives every day! I work as an manufacturing engineer building equipment that protects our combat troops from(insert things that explode here). I went in the U.S. Navy in 1986 as a Sea Bee. I have been married to the same lovely understanding caring woman for almost 20 years (together in bliss for 22 years). I still manage to undertake the occasional construction project, and I am a full time dad to 2 teens. I don't know why I cant seem to make time to build.......