44 replies to this topic

#1 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,895 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

If you thought the '68 Firebird's box art sketch was misleading, you better be sitting down for this one!: :lol:

[attachment=23852:foosecoro.jpg]

Same deal as the '68 Firebird- same '67 Dodge Coronet R/T kit with new Foose-designed wheels, lo-pro tires to match, and a custom bumblebee style tail stripe decal.

#2 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Posted Image

Looking at pics of the real deal, it appears the "art" is more deceptive than the actual car. Looks quite doable, minus the inherent problems with the Coronet kit.

Posted Image

Oh, and the real car had a 5.7 Hemi, I think. Why does the box depict a super low, chopped top car? Are those Foose drawings or something Revell made up?

These kits appear to be mainly a draw for new builders as most seasoned folks aren't too impressed with he marketing (hence a long diatribe about the firebird).

Edited by Erik Smith, 05 October 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#3 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:34 AM

Looks like the 1:1 (and the box art) has a different grille...non-R/T grille maybe? The wheels look pretty good in the built kit photo.

I've wanted to customize one of these.. think it would look good w/ the grille from the '67 Charger w/ the hidden headlights.

#4 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,395 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

I don't know, I just picked up the other Foose kit just to have on in case I want to steal the new wheels, etc . . . it might go the same for this one.

I wish they would at least throw extra lowered suspension parts into these.

Decals and wheels alone might not be very much of a convincing factor. I much rather save my dough for the 62 Corvette. Just my opinion.

#5 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

No Foose junk. I'm just waitin for the 52 Olds, 62 Vette, an 57 Ford 300. Gonna DEFINATELY pick up what I can at Sylvania tomorrow!

#6 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

I find it amusing that there's all the whining about this release, especially all the "it doesn't match the picture" part and supposed "4x4 stance" it has (sits awfull low for a 4x4). Comparing it to the concept drawing, sure it doesn't match. But try this, look up the concept drawings for any vehicles, custom, hot rod, production, Hot Wheels, whatever. Then compare them to the final product. I'll guarantee you that they will not match 100%. Stance will be wrong, wheels won't match, etc. Concept drawing like that are almost always exagerations of what the final product will be. Foose, while a great artist and designer, is no exeption to this. Comparing this kit to the 1 picture shown of the actual car, other than the engine being wrong, it looks pretty close. Stance is similar, wheels look right. Granted, I'm sure there's plenty of subtle things that they did that are not in the kit.

#7 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,555 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

What Bill said, plus the car shouldn'd be too difficult to drop, might have to tuck the fronts in a bit to fit them in the fenders though..............

#8 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

It's like the firebird thread all over again lol!!! If only Revell had someone with common sense....or a group of people to say NO before they decide on the final product.......

#9 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

>These kits appear to be mainly a draw for new builders as most seasoned folks aren't too impressed

Really? because heres how i see that scenerio playing out:

mom: why dont you take up a hobby and buy a nice model car kit, freddy?

freddy: oh kool heres a Foose whatever that old thing is and it looks all low and purple and stuff! this is neat, i can really build one of my heroes (cough) car right out of this kit!

on getting home and unwrapping kit:

mom: how is the model coming freddy?

freddy: oh that thing is stupid it sits like a 4X4 and all the kool stuff isnt there. its dumb and so is building models. im sticking to my X-box and iPhone!

mom: thats nice dear.

#10 Deano

Deano

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Like my daddy used t'say "you all would complain if they hung you with a new rope." Basically, you all ain't happy unless you're complaining! I thought it was the full moon but that's passed, maybe it's the weather. :huh:

#11 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,028 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Like my daddy used t'say "you all would complain if they hung you with a new rope." Basically, you all ain't happy unless you're complaining! I thought it was the full moon but that's passed, maybe it's the weather. :huh:

If the complaining stopped , I think this place would almost turn into a ghost town :lol:

#12 dmk

dmk

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Koch

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

I don't know, I kinda like it. I see potential. I mean really, do you guys build kits exactly like the instructions say right out of the box?

As far as the picture, a lot of the kits I built as a kid were nothing like the box art. It didn't dissuade me at all.

Edited by dmk, 12 October 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#13 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

wheels look like the ones from the 57 chevy snap kit

#14 Johan020

Johan020

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Full Name:Johan

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

I think its a much better model than the foose firebird

Aim gonna buy one for sure

#15 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Are there Stock Wheels included?

If there are Stock wheels and tires, then this is worth buying as other versions of Revell's Coronet.

#16 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

Are there Stock Wheels included?

If there are Stock wheels and tires, then this is worth buying as other versions of Revell's Coronet.

The Foose Firebird didn't have the stock wheels and tires...not sure if this one will be the same way or not.

#17 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

Since my recent experience with the "California Wheels" edition of this kit, you couldn't give me another one! There's more issues with this kit besides the messed up rear quarters. <_< The wheels and tires will be the best part of this kit.

#18 dimebolt

dimebolt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Full Name:Corey M. Jackson

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

If the complaining stopped , I think this place would almost turn into a ghost town :lol:

We wouldn't be able to hear each other over the echo lol.
Corey

#19 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,756 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

I wouldn't! I'd be too busy pleading for my life to worry about the condition of the rope. :lol:
I'm not gonna complain about this one because I'm not going to buy it. Revell has plenty more kits and subjects I want more than this either already available or in the cards. From there, my only complaint will have nothing to do with the kits themselves, but with me a) not being able to afford to get them all within a reasonable timeframe and B) actually FINISH any of them in a reasonable timeframe. B)

#20 GMP440

GMP440

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

It's nice that they did a Foose styled 67' Coronet. However, not really the style of car for the execution. Had Revell done an all new 68' Dodge Coronet years ago instead of the 67' Coronet R/T; that would have been better suited as a Foose edition model. In my opinion a sleeker body with custom wheels . This would sell better than the 67'.
Which brings me to another question. Does anyone know why Revell even chose to kit a 67' Coronet R/T instead
of a 68'? How did they determine that the 67' was the year to go with?