#21 The Creative Explorer

The Creative Explorer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Full Name:Erik

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

thank you all, I appreciate that you like the choice of color. it is, dare i say it, a Lamborghini color. I've seen a lot of red, yellow andblue Dinos, so I wanted something different, but would suit the gracious lines of the car.

there are detailled pictures of the engine and interior to be found on my website, www.firerods.com. go to the in progress gallery and click the Dino.

@meanyme: i think the tires are beautifully scaled and par on with the width. They just didnt had big fat tires as web have them today.

and is the Dino a Ferrari? ofcourse it is, and one of the most beautiful. it has a reason the car is named after his first born son.

@simonr: i'm sorry to hear that you are suffering, I actually build it in 2 weeks and that is very fast for me, especially if you take it in mind it is a enthusiast.

#22 surfjunke

surfjunke

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Ridley

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Beautiful build! Fine car & really like the color choice.

#23 mrm

mrm

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Moskov

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Very nice model and very well put together. Dinos came in all sorts of colors originally and then many have been repainted in all sorts of non-ferrari colors.
About if it is a Ferrari....well, technically it is not. Alfredino Ferrari, was Enzo's son, who expressed great interest in engines. Legend has it he had some involvement in the design of the V6 engine in the 1961 F1 "Sharknose". Unfortunately it is more of a fiction, but it makes for a good story. Anyway, Enzo Ferrari refused to make a rear engined street car and even less, one that had fewer than 12 cylinders. So the Dino was created as a separate brand to offer more affordable alternative to Ferraris. No Dino came out of the factory with a Ferrari badge or the name anywhere on it. The Dino 308GT/4 later on came out same way, but because of customer outcry in US, second half of the production came with prancing horse badges.