Len Woodruff

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Full Name:Len Woodruff

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

Larry,
I've got the problem solved and am VERY close to having a corrected body ready to be cast. The head light doors, front fenders and and grill assembly have been redone....I've shown it (in primer) To Ed Sexton and he agrees that this has solved the problem(s). I will probably release 3 different versions....1969 Boss 302 both street and Trans Am race version and Mach 1/GT. The trans kit will include...body, seperate front end and grill but I may add more. The Trans Am race version will include many items to make it easier to produce a correct T/A car....look for it on my new web site which will be re-launched this January with the 1969 Mustang released some time this spring.

Dan Janssen
Scale Coachworks

Dan can you post here when the website is back up and when the 69 Mustang Transam is ready? Also will you be doing any of the Trans Am decals?

#22 larrygre

larrygre

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:Larry A. Greenberg

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:28 AM

Larry,
I've got the problem solved and am VERY close to having a corrected body ready to be cast. The head light doors, front fenders and and grill assembly have been redone....I've shown it (in primer) To Ed Sexton and he agrees that this has solved the problem(s). I will probably release 3 different versions....1969 Boss 302 both street and Trans Am race version and Mach 1/GT. The trans kit will include...body, seperate front end and grill but I may add more. The Trans Am race version will include many items to make it easier to produce a correct T/A car....look for it on my new web site which will be re-launched this January with the 1969 Mustang released some time this spring.

Dan Janssen
Scale Coachworks

Dan please let us know when those puppies are ready for prime time. Thanks for all your efforts on this!

#23 Jeff Mitchell

Jeff Mitchell

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:29 AM

What is the latest scoop on the Mach? Tooling done yet since it is a modified re-issue?

#24 larrygre

larrygre

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:Larry A. Greenberg

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:04 AM

My '70 Mach I arrived yesterday and I've had a chance to give the kit a once-over. I think you'll all be pleased with what Revell has done here.

The kit is based on the Boss 302, and all parts and decals are here to build that version if you so desire. All-new parts include:
  • New 351 Cleveland engine
  • New radiator tank top
  • New interior shell with separate side panels and new 2-piece bucket seats (upholstery pattern different from the Boss 302/Boss 429 parts)
  • New five-spoke simulated alloy wheels (similar to those found in the AMT/MPC '71 Boss 351 but nicer)
  • New rear fascia panel with textured detail between the taillights
  • New hood with separate open functional hood scoop (NOT shaker!) and separate inset chromed hood "twist locks"
  • New chromed grille with rectangular parking lights
  • New chromed lower rocker panel trim with ribbing and Mach I logos
  • Superb decal sheet with black and white striping, woodgrain interior inlays, scripts, and gauges
I'll have a full critical review of the kit in the next issue of MCM.

#25 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:33 AM

Sounds great Larry! :rolleyes:

Okay, I gotta ask though.....................Did they correct the shape of the headlight trim where it's not so thick and the corresponding too tall grille?

That's the only thing that bugged me about the previous '70 releases is fixing that where it's more in line with the 1:1. ;)

#26 Jairus

Jairus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Full Name:Jairus

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:28 AM

That would be a MAJOR modification to the body mold Bill! However, being the master craftsman you are... that would be a simple fix for you to accomplish! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great kit there Larry, thanks for the information! (Pictures would be nice tho....)

#27 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

Picked one up this afternoon...seems pretty nice..lots of parts...two interior buckets (Mach 1 vs. Boss 302 trim), two sets of seats, two hoods, two tail panels, a separate chrome tree for the Mach 1 (side trim, wheels, etc), two engines. Decals w/ the Mach 1 and Boss graphics (Boss graphics in white and black, Mach 1 in black only) and wood trim for the dash are provided... the new parts look great at first glance..

#28 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:55 AM

:P What scale is it?(please,please please,Say 1/25) George53

#29 Marc @ MPC Motorsports

Marc @ MPC Motorsports

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Location:Oklahoma...where the wind comes sweeping down the plain!!!

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:12 AM

:P What scale is it?(please,please please,Say 1/25) George53

Sorry George, it's 1:24 scale.

#30 cruz

cruz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts
  • Full Name:Marcos Cruz

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:52 AM

Can you guys post a picture of it for all to see?????? Thanks.... B) B)

#31 FordRodnKustom

FordRodnKustom

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Savoie

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:57 AM

Sounds great! I'm a little disappointed it's not a 428 with a shaker though. I'll still buy several and be glad to have them.

#32 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

Can you guys post a picture of it for all to see?????? Thanks.... :unsure: B)

Yup..............I gotta agree......... ;)

Posted Image

#33 walt francis

walt francis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Full Name:Walt

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

Here is the box art from SuperDave :)

Posted Image
I never really liked the 70 but this box art sold me

#34 Bainford

Bainford

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Full Name:Trevor

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:36 AM

I was pleased to see this kit arrive, and very excited to hear that it has a 351 Cleveland and non-shaker scoop, but very disappointed to learn that the otherwise stock Cleveland has after market aluminum valve covers as it's only option. I so want a set of Cleveland factory steel valve covers with the "Powered by Ford" stamping. Oh well.

It's good to see Revell give us everything needed to build the Mach 1 or the Boss 302 (including the Cross Boss intake and carb). Mix and matching parts will also creat a regular Mustang sportsroof from this kit. Now if they would just throw in the Boss 429 parts, we'd have a complete 70 Mustang kit.

Nice work, Revell!! (now about those valve covers...)

#35 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:39 AM

I was pleased to see this kit arrive, and very excited to hear that it has a 351 Cleveland and non-shaker scoop, but very disappointed to learn that the otherwise stock Cleveland has after market aluminum valve covers as it's only option. I so want a set of Cleveland factory steel valve covers with the "Powered by Ford" stamping. Oh well.

It's good to see Revell give us everything needed to build the Mach 1 or the Boss 302 (including the Cross Boss intake and carb). Mix and matching parts will also creat a regular Mustang sportsroof from this kit. Now if they would just throw in the Boss 429 parts, we'd have a complete 70 Mustang kit.

Nice work, Revell!! (now about those valve covers...)

Maybe the aftermarket will do a set of the stock valvecovers...I know SMBC has a complete resin 351C, don't know if they offer the valve covers separately.

#36 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

So Larry, had a chance to dig on what they did with the wheels and tires yet?

The new simulated alloy 5-bolts are real clean, and the tires, which started life in the Pro Modeler '69 Charger, are certainly in better shape than the old Monogram GT Radials that mount on the Magnum 500's.

Problem is, the tires are 1/25; even scaled up to 1/24, they'd be a bit small for this car. And of course, each wheel option has its specific tire, so swapping in the other tires is not an option.

I like the crispness of the Polyglas tires in AMT's stock '71 Charger, and they certainly seem more appropriately sized in the wheel wells of this Mustang. I'm guessing Revell did this because the argent wheels were 14's, but at this point, I'm wondering if it might have been better for them to fudge the simulated alloys up to a 15" diameter, clean up the GT Radials a bit, and leave it at that...

Can't complain about all the other goodies, though!

#37 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

So Larry, had a chance to dig on what they did with the wheels and tires yet?

The new simulated alloy 5-bolts are real clean, and the tires, which started life in the Pro Modeler '69 Charger, are certainly in better shape than the old Monogram GT Radials that mount on the Magnum 500's.

Problem is, the tires are 1/25; even scaled up to 1/24, they'd be a bit small for this car. And of course, each wheel option has its specific tire, so swapping in the other tires is not an option.

I like the crispness of the Polyglas tires in AMT's stock '71 Charger, and they certainly seem more appropriately sized in the wheel wells of this Mustang. I'm guessing Revell did this because the argent wheels were 14's, but at this point, I'm wondering if it might have been better for them to fudge the simulated alloys up to a 15" diameter, clean up the GT Radials a bit, and leave it at that...

Can't complain about all the other goodies, though!

One thing I wondered about those 'simulated alloy' wheels--are they hubcaps? I've never really looked closely at them in 1:1... I'll probably build one with these wheels, and another with something different...

#38 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:49 AM

THANK YOU, Rob!

No wonder I couldn't find these under a search for 1970 Mustang wheels.

And the set I found on Ebay are supposed to mount on 15's.

So now I'm really wondering why Revell did 'em the way they did...

#39 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

THANK YOU, Rob!

No wonder I couldn't find these under a search for 1970 Mustang wheels.

And the set I found on Ebay are supposed to mount on 15's.

So now I'm really wondering why Revell did 'em the way they did...

I guess they are hubcaps, then.. :D

I know that the wheels on my 1:1 '69 Sportsroof are 14's (steel slotted wheels w/ aluminum trim rings and center caps).

Besides the Magnum 500s and the other wheels in the kit, in 1:1 there was also another '70 Mach 1 wheel style that has center caps and trim rings similar to the '69, but on a different slotted steel wheel (kind of like the wheels in the MPC '70 & '71 Cyclone kits).

A 4th wheel possibility are the trim rings and large center caps design more commonly associated w/ the '71-73 Mustang, but apparently also used in '70...

Edited by Rob Hall, 06 March 2008 - 12:21 PM.

#40 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

Yup, hubcaps they are!

Here's a picture from that auction:

Posted Image

And here' a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...3QQcmdZViewItem

Didn't the 71-'73 have something like these?

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis, 06 March 2008 - 02:52 PM.