#241 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

When these hit the market my wallet will take a hit! 

#242 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

That's true Tom but you're comparing apples to potatos.

Different generation trucks, different cabs.

Seems a lot of people posting in this thread are under the impression that the AMT trucks are the same generation as the ones coming from Moebius ,, that are not the same generation. No body panels are the same.

Apples and oranges to me because of the 30 years of kit quality and mentality improvement in the industry ( these are not toys) .

#243 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Very Exciting this could be a kit of the year Smash. I would like to see some west coast style mirrors for the long bed, and possibly the a start solenoid next to the battery.

#244 jw78z28

jw78z28

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Full Name:jason wilson

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

test shots look very nice. I will be ordering alot of these can't wait

Edited by jw78z28, 24 March 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#245 01blueedge

01blueedge

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Crolley

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

after seeing the pics its making me want this kit even more I cant wait for it to come out

#246 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

My absolute favourite aspect of the late '66 - '7? (and the Econoline , for that matter) is the hub caps' design !

I long ago dubbed them the "crown hubcaps" when I was young ; and I still love that design to this very day !

I share the same passion for the Dodge '69-'75 hub caps , and the c.1967-c.1974 Chevy / GMC deluxe wheel covers (think: the 'covers in the old MPC Cheyanne Pickup / AMT 1972 GMC High Sierra ).

Good call on that 6 popper for the F-100's ! I hope that *both* kits include *both* engines --and separate transmissions-- in them !

#247 bpletcher55

bpletcher55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Full Name:blair pletcher

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

MAN I,AM  I GOING TO HAVE FUN WITH THESE ! WEATHERED, SLAMMED ,AND HOT RODDED, OH,YAH  TOW TRUCK,CANT WAIT!

#248 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

test shots look very nice. I will be ordering alot of these can't wait

The pics that Dave Metzner has posted in this thread are of the tooling mockups, NOT test shots.  As he noted, there are corrections to be made yet, and those need to happen before any tooling is cut--but compared to some tooling mockups I have seen along the way, the Ford pickup mockups are just plain NICE!

Art

#249 kingiguana

kingiguana

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Zaborsky

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Wow ! The tooling mock ups are amazing as is, can't wait for the final product,....I'll take 'em as they are now !!!

#250 zaina

zaina

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:andy lesiak

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Can't wait!!!!!

#251 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'd still like to float the suggestion of making the '71's grille inserts separate- this would open the door for '70 and '72 variants later on. Even if that doesn't happen that won't stop me buying several of these- just saying! :D

I really like the detail in the cargo bed- it looks like you guys put in the effort to make it look authentic. That's an area that most kit manufacturers just sort of gloss over.

#252 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Count me in..

Longbed/short bed.

4x4 down the road? 

(fingers crossed) 

Please do a Dodge Pick up..

#253 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

That's true Tom but you're comparing apples to potatos.

Different generation trucks, different cabs.

Seems a lot of people posting in this thread are under the impression that the AMT trucks are the same generation as the ones coming from Moebius ,, that are not the same generation. No body panels are the same.

These two 'generations' share a lot more than most people think, Steve. As the owner of several of both types of these trucks I've done a lot of measuring and comparing. The cowl/windshield areas and floor pans are very close to being identical with two inches added to the cab length behind the doors/seat on the 73-up cabs. Windshields, carpets, seats  and most mechanical parts (i-beams etc) interchange between these. The 67-72 dash was still used in the heavier 73-79 F600 and up series trucks and a popular swap into the older trucks is the rad support and galvanized inner fenders from the newer ones, mainly because of scarcity of the older parts.

As far as what Tom says about the AMT cab, he's right about the windshield opening being too short and I might add, the tops of the doors seem too high as well.

Those mock-ups look great, Dave. Hope those rear side marker lights don't get left on the '69 box (not that they wouldn't be easy to fill in) and the roof looks a little soft but it could be the angle the pics were taken in. 

mike 

#254 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

73/ later frame is either 2 inches narrower of 2 inches wider -I can't remeber which -  not something you'd see very well @ 1/25 scale and the big difference is that the later model trucks have gas tanks bnder the rear of the box not behind seat as in 69-72.. mechanically the two generations are pretty much the same - Pretty sure that 73-later all have front disc brakes  while 69-72 F-100 had drums on the front while F-250 had discs...I know that some guys actualy have built bump sides on 73 / later chassis without major problems.

Edited by Dave Metzner, 25 March 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#255 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

The frame behind the cab was two inches wider from 73-up and the wheelbase was also 2" longer, made up by adding to the cab length not the box like some guys think. They also added 2" to each side of the rear axle to finally get the rear track to match the front. That wider axle is also a popular swap, to get the wheels out further in the back. Ford actually did run that cab tank all the way to '77, but there's not many around. Steering columns are also an easy swap, especially the '78/'79 tilt columns.

mike

#256 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

I would have to say that Mobieus has another couple of winners on their hands here with these kits- I know I am in for at least 4 of each!

Is it September yet? :lol:

#257 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,210 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Is it September yet? :lol:

I wish I could afford to be put in some sort of cryogenic stasis. Then the wait wouldn't seem as long. :D

#258 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

I wish I could afford to be put in some sort of cryogenic stasis. Then the wait wouldn't seem as long. :D

X2

#259 Nate

Nate

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Full Name:Nate Johnson

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

These are gonna be so awesome!!! I can't wait!!!

#260 Repstock

Repstock

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Ellifritt

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

I know this is all pre-production, but the 1969 grille should have all the openings the same width, not narrower outside than toward the center.

I will be purchasing many of these kits, I already have my Moebius fund started.