#281 DailyGrindCustoms

DailyGrindCustoms

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Full Name:Brock Jensen

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

I probably missed it, but are the prices listed?

#282 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Not yet but I'd assume some wheres within the lines of 20-25 bucks,Moebius prices their models very fairly.

#283 hpiguy

hpiguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Phillips

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

I probably missed it, but are the prices listed?

Not yet but I'd assume some wheres within the lines of 20-25 bucks,Moebius prices their models very fairly.

Tower Hobbies has it listed at $26.99 and their prices usually stay pretty consistent.

http://www3.towerhob...p?&I=LXDCWE&P=7

A very fair price.

#284 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,433 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I was not all that thrilled with the years of the trucks, but after seeing the mock up builds, I will be buying one of each, the mock ups look great

#285 DailyGrindCustoms

DailyGrindCustoms

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Full Name:Brock Jensen

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

At this price, I will be buying quite a few  of these old trucks. Simply awesome detailing

#286 hooknladderno1

hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I , too , would love to see a stock 1980-1986 F-100 ! Y'know , one of those years with steel wheels / hubcaps , 2-wheel-drive , fleetside with a flareside option , etc. , etc.

And the option of an inline six (300 I-6) or a small V8 (Windsor ) ; Cruise-O-Matic or "creeper" 4 speed .

1985F150.jpg1985F1501.jpg

Tom,

Did you make those wheel covers yourself?  I have a long standing project of a Camden, N.J. Fire Dept. Battalion Chief's Bronco that needs a set of those.  I had bought the old Pinecrest wheels, but they lacked the correct profile.  I was going to order a set of the Scale Squad's/Models by Tony wheels, but they went out of business just as I was about to place my order...  Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

David

#287 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,650 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

Fantastic!

And by the time they're out, I might be working again, so I can buy one or two of each! I have a feeling that 300 will be showing up in a resin-casting.

Personally, I'd love to see a Dodge pickup of this vintage, or maybe an International, especially seeing Moebius already has the working relationship with them.

You guys really impress me.

Charlie Larkin

#288 Repstock

Repstock

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Ellifritt

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

Whatever I may be working on gets shoved aside when this model comes out. Simple as that.

#289 Casey429

Casey429

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

If the kits look anything at all like the tooling mockups, we're in for a real treat! With some switching around of trim, beds, and drivetrains, there's a number of trucks to be built. Add some beefed up rear spings, different rear axle and some 8-lug wheels, a 2wd F-250 would be an easy conversion on the longbed kit. Any chance of parts to do a Contactor, Farm & Ranch, Camper, or Trailer Special? Even so, those would be fairly easy to build on your own.

#290 Ken Kitchen

Ken Kitchen

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Fantastic!

And by the time they're out, I might be working again, so I can buy one or two of each! I have a feeling that 300 will be showing up in a resin-casting.

Personally, I'd love to see a Dodge pickup of this vintage, or maybe an International, especially seeing Moebius already has the working relationship with them.

You guys really impress me.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie,

I provided one of my 300's to Moebius to use as a model for the guys working the tooling. I plan on doing a FI conversion to allow a 5.8L build for trucks. I'm not sure why anyone would buy a copy of the kit engine when you can get the whole kit for about the same price.

Ken (Kitchen Table Resins) Kitchen

#291 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Gotta say, these mock-ups are striking me initially as a huge improvement in general proportions over the Chrysler and Hudson.  Very, very nice!

#292 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

I see a few things that are wrong on these mockups.

1 the brow above the windshield is much too prominent. It should only extend past the windshield the thickness of the drip rail.

2 there's a separation line missing between the roof skin and B pillar that wraps around and goes above the rear window.

3 there's a horizontal separation line missing on the bedside that should be just above the "bumpout". This generation Ford truck's bedsides were three pieces: top, bottom and the cap on the end that encases the tail lights.

4 the rear fenderwell openings on the '69 are way off. Too small and shaped wrong. They look closer on the '71, but still a touch off.

5 the bedside behind the rear fenderwells extends down too far. It should be shorter than the bedside in front of the fenderwells

6 the trim on the '71 is way too wide.

0_Dad_s_Truck_006.jpg

7 the grille on the '69 is wrong. The vertical bars should be evenly spaced.

14t2c0n.jpg

8 the front bumper is too flat and square at the top. It should have a small bump out at the top.

9 the '69s side marker light is in the wrong position. It is not located in the bumpout. It should be a small rectangular light towards the bottom just in front of the vertical body line.

m74cg4.jpg

10The rear bumper?? Ugh! This is what it should look like.

14e556w.jpg

#293 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

two nice old fords i like the 71 better but i want the swbs trucks more ........... B)

#294 Repstock

Repstock

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Ellifritt

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

m74cg4.jpg

I never noticed how odd the door shape was. Still a beautiful truck, but the next generation had a nicer cab door outline. I can't wait to build some of these...

#295 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Who'd a thunk it? From a post activated one fine evening last october to 15 pages and over 27,000 views.... guess there isn't much interest at all in these 67-72 Fords  :)

mike

#296 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

This is a superb rendering of the F250 hubcap, hope the F100 cap is also being created for this F100 shorty

009-M.jpg

Interesting that both mockups show the dana rear end and not the regular 9 inch Ford diff. The dana was definitely available in the F100s but was fairly rare. They bring good money from the musclecar guys when these trucks are parted out 

008-M.jpg

...and as far as rear bumpers go, I'm sure over 80% of these came with some form of step bumper vs the relative few that had the deluxe chrome rear bumper in the previous poster's picture. Also, the '68/'69 trucks did not have a bedside marker light; it was actually just a reflector mounted low on the rear. 

mike

Edited by mk11, 04 May 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#297 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

That's correct , having a light would have made that bed a 70 model ....................

#298 Casey429

Casey429

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

By the looks of it, there's an F-250 in hiding here. It has the proper hubcaps and rear axle for it. A nice set of the mag-style wheel covers would suit the F-100 nicely, along with a more proper 9 inch pumpkin.

mIocyEUBfA1JybtbN2Dk9QA.jpg

#299 grayghost

grayghost

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Roland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Had a 71  short bed with a 429cj . It was a beast.

Wonder how hard it will be to cut that bed down to size?

#300 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Tim, from the looks of the test shot , probably not hard at all.

Casey, I too would love to have a few sets of the "Mag style " covers in scale . I run a set of the same wheel covers on my 1978 F-100 stepside .