#301 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

In the '70 dealer brochure there's a set of the diecast mag style hubcaps shown, similar to the shelby mustang or Z16 chevelle cars. I bought a couple of sets from missing link a while ago and may just use them yet...

70brochure_p14_zpseba7ecac.jpg

mike

Edited by mk11, 08 May 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#302 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I'd better start saving NOW!!! I am going to try for a case of each!!! If not, then a half-case of each. Depends on how much I save... I'm glad to see the mockups, thank you Dave for sharing these with us. this is one of the MANY things I love about Moebuis Models! As I have stated before, these are my all-time favorite vehicle, Car, Truck, Chevy, Ford... regardless, my favorite. There have been over a dozen owned by various family members of my family through the years....

#303 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

Anymore on when they'll be out??

#304 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hope to have tooling underway by early July- expecting final mock-up before end of June. Hope to have kits on shelves end of 3rd quarter - early 4th quarter.. Sorry it's taking so long - just lots of details to make right.

Dave

#305 Matt LeBlanc

Matt LeBlanc

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Thanks Dave for the update.They will be worth the wait!!!!

#306 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

Thanks Dave, no worries on the time, it'll be all good when I get a few in my grubby little hands!!!! My wife and I have a 68 F100 with a 390 and factory bucket seats. So I am wanting to get a few to play with.......

#307 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,103 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

As they say, good things come to those who wait! I sure wish Revell would have taken a little longer to make thier 1990 Mustang LX kit more accurate!!!! I'm more than willing to wait for a kit to be as close to perfect as possible!

#308 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hope to have tooling underway by early July- expecting final mock-up before end of June. Hope to have kits on shelves end of 3rd quarter - early 4th quarter.. Sorry it's taking so long - just lots of details to make right.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the update and like others, I am saving up for a few of these kits. If the test shots indicate what we should expect, then I am in for about 6 of each!

And a big thank you for working hard on these kits to make them as accurate as possible. I am sure someone will find something wrong with them but I know that Mobeius has worked hard to bring us subjects long overlooked by other manufacturers and I would rather have something than nothing! Maybe I am in the minority but this is only a hobby for me, not life and death! ;)

#309 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the update and like others, I am saving up for a few of these kits. If the test shots indicate what we should expect, then I am in for about 6 of each!

And a big thank you for working hard on these kits to make them as accurate as possible. I am sure someone will find something wrong with them but I know that Mobeius has worked hard to bring us subjects long overlooked by other manufacturers and I would rather have something than nothing! Maybe I am in the minority but this is only a hobby for me, not life and death! ;)

Amen, no rivet counter here, just glad to get the subjects we're getting....

#310 Repstock

Repstock

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Ellifritt

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

I am amazed at how polarizing this "rivet counter" thing has become. I find nothing wrong with people enjoying kits even if they're not perfect, and I find nothing wrong with people pointing out inaccuracies. Is there a belief out there that one of these positions is "right", and the other "wrong"? What's up with this?

#311 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

I am amazed at how polarizing this "rivet counter" thing has become. I find nothing wrong with people enjoying kits even if they're not perfect, and I find nothing wrong with people pointing out inaccuracies. Is there a belief out there that one of these positions is "right", and the other "wrong"? What's up with this?

Tom,

I am with you on this, I was merely stating that despite their best efforts, there will be some nits to be picked by some forum members here over what Mobeius brings to market. I think the the problem is that some folks rant on and on about the issues they find as if it were life or death.

Simply put, should a model manufacturer be able to create a "perfect" model with today's technologies? Short answer is yes but then again I don't work for Mobeius, Round 2 , Revell etc., and am not privy to what tools they are using to create the molds to produce the kits and neither do most of the members here. ;)

I, for one, am glad to see a long overlooked subject come to market and only hope they find other "gems" that will satisfy our needs! :)

#312 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Given the constraints of the casting process, I'm sure not expecting everything to be a hundred percent but I'm betting Dave and the others mastering this will be getting it as close as possible. There were corrections to the mockups needed but nothing insurmountable. As events have proven out regarding the mustang kit, the roof/envelope proportion is the largest portion of the battle. Other stuff can be forgiven. The average modeller probably doesn't care but some of us look forward to at least a small challenge to help us become  better modellers...  

mike

Edited by mk11, 14 June 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#313 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

I, for one, am not at all concerned about whether or not this will be a "quality" kit. Judging from what Moebius has brought us in the past, I am sure that this kit will be right, and I can't wait for it, and I will be building it when it hits my grubby hands. I already have plans for it, down to the color combo.

Back in 1982, I sold a customer a loaded, Red on Red Chevrolet Silverado Pickup. His trade in was an immaculate 1970 Ford F100 Sport Custom Pickup, which was a medium blue, with a white two-tone bottom and roof panel, and blue interior. I only wish I had a place to put that truck, and I would have bought it on the spot, even though I am not a Ford guy. That was one nice truck.

Left%20Side%20Truck.jpg

It was just like this one, except that it had whitewall tires.

#314 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

It seems to me that this one of those kits most of us will be buying in multiples to do some interesting variants.

I only hope that if Mobius does not do any more variants, then the aftermarket can do some resin parts, such as a 4x4 front drive axle and raised rear suspension for a H-D 4-wheel drive truck.

A comprehensive, deatailed photoetch set would also be welcome.

For the "super detailers among us, here are a couple of links that will be very helpful in planning your build:

1969 Ford Pickup Brochure:

http://www.oldcarbro...e/dirindex.html

1971 Ford Pickup Brochure:

http://www.oldcarbro...e/dirindex.html

In looking at some of the photo Illustrations in these brochures, if you wanted to do the Bucket Seat option, the Revell '68 Mustang GT 2 'n 1 kit will give you the right seats.

The original AMT '67 Ford Galaxie had the proper Full Wheel Covers, if you want to do something different. Also, the original AMT '69 Cobra had the proper 1/2 ton dog dish hubcaps. You are on your own for a set of steelies.

Most of the AMT Ford Van kits, as well as the AMT 1970's Ford pick up kit has the alternative full wheel covers.

The AMT '53 Ford can yield an accurate "Flareside" bed, with a little modification.

Just a few ideas.

#315 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

Two great things here...   A manufacturer who cares enough to hold off production until they get the product right,  AND one who communicates with the community!

#316 LongRoofNut

LongRoofNut

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Full Name:Jonny Carson

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I am all levels of excited for this kit. I would LOVE to get a few copies of that sport wheel cover option for other big Ford cars I have waiting on que.

The '67 to '79 Ford truck ear is a HUGE market for so many niches, mine being replica stock. Now if we can get the little and big Broncos from '66 to '79.......

#317 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Two great things here...   A manufacturer who cares enough to hold off production until they get the product right,  AND one who communicates with the community!

Amen to that!!!!!

#318 Platerpants

Platerpants

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
  • Full Name:Jake Bridges

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

been gone for a while cuz of my computer dying, dont look like i missed much on this topic still cant wait to get one one of these

#319 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

78/79 bronco /70/79 ford truck 4wd, 3 and 1 would be nice stock/show/mud or puller.

#320 modelercarl

modelercarl

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Full Name:Carl

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

ANY chance these will have an actual company logo on the tires? 

I know that the big boys like Firestone, Goodyear etc, may not be cost effective, but SURELY some of the smaller companies would love to have the chance to see their tires in scale. 

If there are licensing problems with tire manufacturers why not go with METZNER or MOEBIUS tires?