#481 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

The bed is missing the marker light on the rear, it does'nt even indicate a indention but there should be a spot for one.

#482 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:14 AM

Tower Hobbies has moved their expected date to February '14. I also noticed the Moebius marketing dohickie now says "Coming from Moebius in 2014".

Find something else to do, this one isn't finished baking yet.

#483 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Tower Hobbies has moved their expected date to February '14. I also noticed the Moebius marketing dohickie now says "Coming from Moebius in 2014".

Find something else to do, this one isn't finished baking yet.

Not, but I am beginning to detect a delicious aroma!  ;)

Art

#484 Kris Morgan

Kris Morgan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Full Name:Kris Morgan

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Yep, seen the test shot and talked about it with Dave at the Toledo NNL.  Gonne be worth the extra time it takes to get it right.

#485 Terryk2003

Terryk2003

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Kimbler

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

So, I saw the pics of the '71 from Toledo NNL, but has anyone heard anything about the '69 short bed version? Also, from the pics and the "work in progress" comments, is it safe to assume that the '71 won't be ready by the Febuary date that Tower Hobbies is now giving?

#486 Dave Metzner

Dave Metzner

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Full Name:Dave

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

The item shown at Toledo was not a test shot, it was a tooling mock-up.

Tooling has not started yet. Still making adjustments to details of the cab. Hope to start tooling before the end of this month - it's down to moving a body line by about 1mm in a 3D file.

Waiting for the 3D file with that correction - if it looks right then we'll start tooling.

If I can get tooling started before end of October I'd hope to see 1st test shots before end of the year. Maybe production kits by February.

Given the dificulties of getting this far I won't make any promises - just telling you what the best case scenario could look like!

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner, 11 October 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#487 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:29 AM

Dave , keep in mind , there are a FEW here that that one millimeter will make for a slew of hate mail , both to you , us here , and to Moebius model workers . With that said , I just ran out of coffee, a REAL dilemma !

#488 Platerpants

Platerpants

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Full Name:Jake Bridges

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

Dave , keep in mind , there are a FEW here that that one millimeter will make for a slew of hate mail , both to you , us here , and to Moebius model workers . With that said , I just ran out of coffee, a REAL dilemma !

I understand the coffee issue its a must have, but im not picky with how well it is scaled, ill just be happy to have a model like that. Moebius is really showing us what models can be, revell and round2 should start taking notes.

#489 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Dave, I think the modeling community appreciates your efforts in getting it right.  Your company has earned that reputation and we will all patiently wait until you get it to market.  Expect great sales!

#490 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,818 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Dave, I think the modeling community appreciates your efforts in getting it right.  Your company has earned that reputation and we will all patiently wait until you get it to market.  Expect great sales!

x 2!

Your efforts are appreciated, Dave . . . and those of the entire Moebius team.  B)

#491 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

The bar is indeed being set.

Charlie Larkin

#492 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Accuracy trumps speed everyday and twice on Friday.

#493 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Tooling has not started yet. Still making adjustments to details of the cab. Hope to start tooling before the end of this month - it's down to moving a body line by about 1mm in a 3D file.

Waiting for the 3D file with that correction - if it looks right then we'll start tooling.

If I can get tooling started before end of October I'd hope to see 1st test shots before end of the year. Maybe production kits by February.

Given the dificulties of getting this far I won't make any promises - just telling you what the best case scenario could look like!

Dave

I have waited this long, a couple more months to get a better product is well worth it to me! I have a few kits (ha ha  :D ) to tide me over until then.

As others have said, many thanks to your efforts and those of the Moebius team to get these kits as accurate as possible while bringing us something highly desired.

#494 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Dave

I can add that I saw the tooling mockups yesterday (I get called onl to help with evaluating tooling mockups and test shots BTW) and I can confirm what Dave has said here--it's getting VERY close folks!  Should be a lot of fun to see the test shots, see how it all comes together!

Art

#495 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Can't wait for them to come out!!! Many thanks Dave!!

#496 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Accuracy trumps speed everyday and twice on Friday.

Amen.

#497 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

The bump-side Fords have been on my wish-list for decades. I drove a '67 F-250 in high school and for several years afterward and have always claimed this body style as my favorite. By all means, do what you have to too get them right. I am more than happy to wait while Moebius, once again, raises the bar on excellence. All the hard work is greatly appreciated.

#498 DrKerry

DrKerry

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts
  • Full Name:Kerry Ingram

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

The bump-side Fords have been on my wish-list for decades. I drove a '67 F-250 in high school and for several years afterward and have always claimed this body style as my favorite. By all means, do what you have to too get them right. I am more than happy to wait while Moebius, once again, raises the bar on excellence. All the hard work is greatly appreciated.

X2

#499 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

I absolutely concur on the wait time ; "Do it once , do it right , or don't do it at all."

A life-long favourite kit of mine has been the coveted AMT Star Truk [sic] . I'd built a number of that kit when it was new ; however , my skills were , shall we say , "not good" , so I'm looking forward to these new F-Series from Moebius !

Take your time , guys . We , the hobbiests , have already waited for umpteen years --and many have paid inflated Sothebey's auction prices on auction sites for-- a scalled version of this American icon . :)

#500 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,257 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I think I might have to pass on these kits now