#841 Petetrucker07

Petetrucker07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Full Name:Clayton Scheiber

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

Not privilege to discuss the kit, but its the fact that Dave does not have to be involved in the discussion. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and some here seem to be bothered, upset whatever because some dont see it their way. 1 thing is for sure and we all agree, is we want an accurate representation of the 1:1. To expect perfection, not in my opinion, hope for perfection, you bet ya. Having a conversation, nothing wrong with it, but some of the responses kinda got personal, was that really necessary. For the most part were adults, have our opinions and respect that the next guys may not be the same, some like me, will agree with some points of the opinions. Should the manufacturers hold themselves to a higher standard, absolutely. Now when the final kit is released, and you, this goes out to everyone, if the kit does not meet your standards for what you consider to be "perfect", speak with your wallet, its that simple.

#842 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

The correct term would probably be "over-privileged", but the point is moot.  We are pretty much all "adult" modelers here and we do have the privilege of airing our grievances regarding the products of the manufacturers whom we support.  Granted, the subject in question might be just a "test shot", but flaws have been noticed and the manufacturer has been called on them.  And, it seems as though a rep of the manufacturer acknowledges the situation; we can hope that the flaws that can be corrected will be corrected.  I'm sure we all applaud and appreciate that. 

It is not unreasonable for consumers of any goods to expect a quality product from a quality manufacturer.  It is good customer relations for a manufacturer to acknowledge customer feedback and act accordingly.

And, if I choose to get my panties in a bunch, foam at the mouth, go punch a wall or ignore this situation- so what?  Does my reaction matter so much to anyone that they must tell me so? 

#843 Superpeterbilt

Superpeterbilt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Hymel

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

You guys have a blast beating the hell out of that dead horse over there, I'm just going to go hit the unfollow button.

Can someone send me a PM if this ever gets back to anything useful? Thanks. 

I was just about to say the same thing. This has become argument just for the sake of arguing. I never really thought there were different sides of the fence when it came to modeling, but apparently there is "us and them"
wherever you go. Sad.

10-4 ;)

#844 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

First, get it straight who's appointing himself - 

then ask him.

I had it right.

You're the one who used the word/phrase 'over-privilege,' which I didn't recognize.  And it doesn't exist in the dictionary.  So, I thought I could get a little education from you. 

Since you never make a mistake, it must be a real word with real meaning.  Enlighten us.

#845 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

And, if I choose to get my panties in a bunch, foam at the mouth, go punch a wall or ignore this situation- so what?  Does my reaction matter so much to anyone that they must tell me so? 

:lol:   GOOD point!  :lol:

#846 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,680 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

Let's revisit this topic once Moebius has a revised test shot to show us.