#61 Mike 1017

Mike 1017

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Full Name:Michael A Permanian

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

If these vendors are having personal,production problems,or what ever.Just post a notice that you are not taking orders at this time.

#62 Alan

Alan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Bohack

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

The way I see it is, If you can't fill orders shut your site down and STOP taking peoples money!!!

#63 azers

azers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Full Name:Joe l. Spitzer

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Amen.

#64 Bird12

Bird12

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Pigeon

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I agree as well, we all have problems in our own lives, that's life. But stop taking our money, or if you did, and now you can't come through with the product, return the money. I would completely understand if that were the case. Not only did he take my money, he never mentioned any kind of problem at the time, and now doesn't have the decency to reply to my emails.

#65 Alan

Alan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

That is just plain theft when they do that, no other way to put it

#66 Big Daddy

Big Daddy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Full Name:daryl turner

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

I agree as well, we all have problems in our own lives, that's life. But stop taking our money, or if you did, and now you can't come through with the product, return the money. I would completely understand if that were the case. Not only did he take my money, he never mentioned any kind of problem at the time, and now doesn't have the decency to reply to my emails.

Hey mark i've been going through the same thing since august he took 140.00 of my hard earned money, sent me only a couple of the 9 sets i ordered and low and behold the ones he sent me were garbage no good for anything and also send him 3 emails a week since but no response so you can kiss your money goodbye, it's a shame guys can get away with this and it makes it harder for the other vendors cause now i don't want to send any money to anyone for fear  that i won't get my product

#67 Alan

Alan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

In the US you can file a "mail fraud"  action against them which is very serious , maybe one of the members here who lives in the US and is familiar with this can chime in on this............................ 

#68 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Just contact the nearest US Post Office . Or the US Postmaster General . Perhaps your local Postal would
be where to start your course or Money Refunding . If you are not close , a Google Search Online will
work . Thanx ..

#69 Big Daddy

Big Daddy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Has anyone received anything from rick in the last 2 weeks

#70 John Pol

John Pol

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Full Name:John Pol

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Well I been waiting sence July he said he sent me money to make up for the decals no such luck. Did you hear lattest Rick is writting a book and it seems its going to be the best seller. Its be called how I made my first millions lol.

John Pol

#71 caine440

caine440

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Full Name:Roger

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

No refund or decals here.

#72 Burnout

Burnout

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Smith

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I've been reluctant to chime in on this and I'll probably regret it, but I think it's time.
Earlier this year I noticed the same drop off in response time to orders and e-mails that many of you have experienced.
My e-mails though were eventually answered and my order filled but it was clear to me that something was off. Rick told me he was going to be shutting down so I ordered more. He filled that order too but sent me the wrong decal which I returned. I had to wait a few weeks but eventually he came through. I received my decals two days ago.
I am not trying to defend Rick's actions as described in some of the previous posts but I feel that blasting a vendor or an individual on a public forum is not the best way to resolve a dispute. I had to work with Rick to get those last two orders filled and, right or wrong, I doubt I would have succeeded had I publicly questioned his personal life or his business ethics online. I wish him well and hope someday I will find a good substitute for his product.

#73 caine440

caine440

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

I tried dozens of times to work with Rick. I bent over backwards and was polite and patient beyond belief for over 4 months.

I was simple ignored while he filled others orders.

I started this thread as a last resort and a warning to others.

Rick could have sent one email months ago but chose not to.

I even told him he could substitute other decals if he wanted to if he was having problems producing what I ordered.

I do not know what else I could have done.

I have purchased hundreds of aftermarket parts from a dozen vendors and have never just had the money taken before.

It is not even about the money as much as it is being just ignored.

Glad to hear you got your decals.

#74 Big Daddy

Big Daddy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

When nothing else works what are we to do , here is what i just did i had a old email address which i wasn't useing so i decided to send him one on that address making him think i was a new customer and asked him if he shipped to canada and low and behold it was answered in 5 minutes saying i ship all over the world, now keep in mind that 3 months have past and 3 emails a week on my regular email address about my replacement decals and no response, then i get another response on this other email address from someone saying this his his daughter here and rick has been in the hospital for weeks from a heart attack, so if he is in the hospital for weeks how can he do and ship you your decals which you received 2 days ago, this is the 3rd heart attack story i have heard in 3 months

#75 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

When this thread 1st popped up, I ordered about 6 sheets, praying I received my order. sure enough they showed up about 10 days later.

This was within a week of this thread first being posted

He actually sent me my same order twice . So I emailed him on how to return said duplicates and received a response in under 24 hours .  

Would I spin the gun barrel again in hopes to get more if his line,,,,,,,? doubt it

#76 Alan

Alan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

I want to say that if you put yourself out there, forums like these are THE go-to places for information, good bad or otherwise on vendors and justifiably so !!

#77 hemiman_1999

hemiman_1999

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Hello everyone I have followed this string and choosen not to add to it but I did want to let everyone here know I am no longer involved in anyway with Rick Lucas or Decals By Lucas. I was not an owner in the business I am the one that did almost all of the art work for the decals I still own my art work and the permission from the various people was given to me and I gave it to Rick. Rick Lucas was my friend for 25 years and I am very sad at losing my friendship with him. He has had some very difficult times this past 2 years and my wish is he will somehow get through them and return to the person he once was. I have had nothing to do with him since July 1st I am posting this because I still get emails from people that want product or money from Rick I do not know his current status or location nor the business status. I hope all of you get satisfaction either your money or a usable product. Best of Luck to You and Happy Holidays.

#78 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hello everyone I have followed this string and choosen not to add to it but I did want to let everyone here know I am no longer involved in anyway with Rick Lucas or Decals By Lucas. I was not an owner in the business I am the one that did almost all of the art work for the decals I still own my art work and the permission from the various people was given to me and I gave it to Rick. Rick Lucas was my friend for 25 years and I am very sad at losing my friendship with him. He has had some very difficult times this past 2 years and my wish is he will somehow get through them and return to the person he once was. I have had nothing to do with him since July 1st I am posting this because I still get emails from people that want product or money from Rick I do not know his current status or location nor the business status. I hope all of you get satisfaction either your money or a usable product. Best of Luck to You and Happy Holidays.

Thanks for the "update" Bruce and Merry Christmas to you as well.

#79 caine440

caine440

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks Bruce!

#80 Alan

Alan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Bruce,

Glad you stepped in to shed a little light on the situation for the folks that have been left hanging .........

Alan