Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mid Sixties Dragster

Dyno Davo

Wonderful, wonderful work. This will be a stunning car. The Wile E. Coyote artwork is marvelous. One thing though, in order to get a white helmet using an inkjet printer you'll have to print on white decal stock, with the risk of white edges showing around the edges of the printed surfaces no matter how carefully you cut them out, If you print on clear the helmet will print as clear and will be the color of the underlying paint. You may want to choose some other color for the helmet.

Looks great.

What if you made the red gas can on both bases, clear and white, and trimmed the one on white base smaller than the one on clear base. Put down the decal on white base first and then carefully applied the one on clear base over that. The fun will be lining them up. Just a thought.

Thanks guys, the paint scheme is not quite there yet. This week I'm adding white and gold panels to accent the metal-flake ones. Part of this will provide the white background I require for the cowl artwork. This way I can print the final artwork on clear decal film and the white areas will show through giving the desired effect. Even though 1/16 scale models are fairly generous in size there is actually not much space to fit the artwork on the cowl, by the time you size it down some of the detail is hard to see. Hoping that I can incorporate both the fuel tank and the crate.

All will be revealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...