#41 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

I would think they'd need to be the currently-fashionable-at-Revell "flanged" style wheels, but again, fitting the tires might be an issue.

That's actually an issue w/ changing the wheels (and or tires) w/ any of Revell's newest kits...I don't care for the flange style wheels and wheelbacks...they seem rather cheesy.

Edited by Rob Hall, 29 October 2012 - 03:32 AM.

#42 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

I don't think any Revell nor MPC Fox Mustang kits included the Pony wheels, did they? Was (were) the 1/24 Monogram kit(s) the only kit(s) to include them?

I'm pretty sure the Monogram kit's wheels fit the Goodyear Eagle VR50 tires, which IIRC are supposed to be 16" diameter, but I've never measured one to see how accurate it is.

#43 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:14 AM

I don't think any Revell nor MPC Fox Mustang kits included the Pony wheels, did they? Was (were) the 1/24 Monogram kit(s) the only kit(s) to include them?

I'm pretty sure the Monogram kit's wheels fit the Goodyear Eagle VR50 tires, which IIRC are supposed to be 16" diameter, but I've never measured one to see how accurate it is.

Correct...only the Monogram '91 and '92 GT convertible kits have the 'Pony' 5-spoke 16 inch wheels. The last MPC 1:25th was the '88.

#44 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Little OffTopic, but needs to ask: Have you tried how it runs on Drag Strip?

Those are very popular Drag Cars, so I will pick one up for sure.

Car had a N/A 306 and ran down in the low 11's with street tires , only took it to the track 2 times. Bought a house and it got sold, really regret selling it because it was a GA car and very clean.

Edited by Prostreet, 29 October 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#45 Abell82

Abell82

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Full Name:Jason

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

O.K. I've held my tonque as long as I could but I have ...Questions:
Is it just me, or does the top body line look too low still ( Or are the door handles just too high)? And am I mistaken or is the trunk / rear window way... "off" also?
What 's with the 5.0 emblem on the fender? Finally, I don't see an LX or Ford badge on the trunk?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hers a pic of a 1:1 (borrowed from the net)
Posted Image

another...
Posted Image

Edited by Abell82, 29 October 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#46 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

The door handle is a bit too high and the character line is not right between the rear window and the top of the rear wheel arch. It looks like the wheel arch is about a 1/16 inch too tall and the character line is about the same too low. The line should be at about a third of the way between the window and the arch but it's closer to half way to two thirds down.

#47 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

The 5.0 badge does look a bit large. A couple things I've noticed, the black windshield and rear window frosting seems oversized, and the decklid edge looks too flat in the center..the 1:1 peaks slightly in the center, and has a slight lip. Hard to see if that is present in these pics.

#48 Simon

Simon

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Full Name:Simon Sauntson

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Might have to get a couple of these when they are out. Weirdly, I've always wanted a 'Fox' since Agent Starling drove one in Hannibal.

It would be good to recreate one of the 'Mobile' chase cars used to guide the USAF U-2 spy plane in on landings at RAF Alconbury, down the road from where I grew up. They used 5.0s because they needed a good fast car to run alongside incoming U-2s, see this website by somebody who restored one: http://www.sspmustan...es/USAF_SSP.htm

#49 Olskoolrodder

Olskoolrodder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Sammons

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Friggin AWESOME!!! MUST....START....SAVING....FOR....A....CASE,weeeeeeeehhehehehehe!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#50 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Last month, the hobby shop I pre-ordered my case from got notification that the status was switched from pre-ordered to on-order. The shop owner told me that usually happens when they become system-ready (3 months is the usual time to get them into the system once the kits have received their final packaging and UPC/sales bar codes). That tells me mid-March. 

#51 mrknowetall

mrknowetall

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Full Name:Don Banes

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Trust me on this. The kit will not be out in February. No way, no chance, no how. Won't happen. As a matter of fact, you all can bet me on this. Five bucks, first better! Any bets? Line 'em up!

#52 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Revell has always done the same thing.  The new tools take a year or more to release, the modified reissues will hit during the summer months.  I'd expect the '90 Mustang (yes it's been marketed that way now since it's the only year the 10 hole wheels were available on the LX the way the kit is tooled), the Cuda and the '49 Merc Wagon to roll out in rapid succession right before Christmas.  The '57 Chevy Convertible & '69 Camaro ZL-1 will more than likely drop in June & July.  Because there will be some modified tooling (and the normal pile of reissues) announced this Spring that will also manage to make it onto shelves before the all new tools.

Don't believe me go back through the last 5 years and show me when that schedule wasn't met.

#53 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

We will have to wait and see. But, being the availability status of the kit was changed by the suppliers, it could be a good indication that the kit is on its way. I will stand by Mid/late March to early April (as was indicated by Ed), but if it is going to be a later release date I will not argue (as it will give me more time to pay off this case of pre-order!).

The next issue of this kit will see it issued as a 2-n-1 stocker/drag car combo. Look for that in late 2014/early 2015 depending on how well this offering is received. Regardless, I will be getting at least 12 of them.

As to the labeling, it has been re-labeled as a 1990 (even though it is still in the ordering system as a 1992) because of the 10-holes (as was mentioned by James). Ed and I were talking about this subject before the release was actually announced. The 10-holes were offered on the civilian version of the 5.0L from 1985-1990, after that they got the 16" Pony wheels. Airbags were implemented in 1990 as well, so the only 90% correct civilian version that can be produced from this is a 1990. Now, not to say you can't scrounge up a set of Ponies and bring it to 1991-93 standards, or swap a 2.3L into it and be correct for 1990-93 (as 1987-89 had different seats and steering wheel/gauge surround/lower dash for both the 2.3L and 5.0L cars)

Edited by whale392, 07 February 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#54 mrknowetall

mrknowetall

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

This will be a killer kit, and I'd expect Revell to sell a BUNCH!  I'll certainly be getting a few, and I'm looking forward to it. 

#55 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

Trust me on this. The kit will not be out in February. No way, no chance, no how. Won't happen.As a matter of fact, you all can bet me on this. Five bucks, first better! Any bets? Line 'em up!

I'll back you up on this. No way, no how, will this kit be out in February. I'll eat my hat if it's out by May. I'd be downright shocked if it's out by mid-summer. I'd put my money on late-summer or fall. Need I remind y'all that there are folks on this board who do this for a living? Not saying I'm in the loop or anything, but this ain't my first rodeo...

#56 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

I wouldn't be suprised if it gets pushed back (as Revell has a habit of doing that); I was (and still am) just going on what I was told by Ed and the hobby distributor for my local shop. Personally, I really don't care when this year it comes out as i already have a case on pre-order and will more than likely order/purchase even more later.

As an owner of 3 FOX Chassis cars (with 5 total owned), I am eager to see what it looks like IN MY HANDS and compared to my 1:1s. If it does come later in the year, i have more time to acquire kits for both donor and swap material. Hopefully, the kit sells well and will be in many different guises over the next years.

#57 Brett Barrow

Brett Barrow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts
  • Full Name:Brett Jermaine Jackie Tito Marlon Michael Barrow

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

I'll back you up on this. No way, no how, will this kit be out in February. I'll eat my hat if it's out by May. I'd be downright shocked if it's out by mid-summer. I'd put my money on late-summer or fall. Need I remind y'all that there are folks on this board who do this for a living? Not saying I'm in the loop or anything, but this ain't my first rodeo...

Anybody know the best way to cook a hat?!?!?   :blink: 

'Cuz the latest intel from Revell says May release (and that's the first official word from them on any date).  Now, in Revell-speak, that means every day, up to and including the last day of May to ship out of their facility, and their stuff typically does ship right at the end of the month.

#58 mrknowetall

mrknowetall

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

A hat can be steamed for the best overall texture and flavor.  Figure on using a serrated knife to cut it.  Perhaps a nice marinade would help? 

#59 mrknowetall

mrknowetall

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Box art is attached here. 

Attached Files

#60 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,793 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

A hat can be steamed for the best overall texture and flavor.  Figure on using a serrated knife to cut it.  Perhaps a nice marinade would help? 

Hopefully it's a leather hat- they cut easier with a serrated knife than a fabric hat. I'd rather not discuss how I came across this little tidbit...