Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '90 Mustang LX 5.0 2'n1 Special Edition

Casey

It technically could show up at anytime, but normal procedure is anytime after the 20th for RPP's. We've done the RPP since it started, I don't remember ever getting anything this early in the month, but since they did get fouled up on last month's new releases making it out on time (due to the havoc that Chinese New Year causes on the Chinese labor supply) it wouldn't shock me if they bumped things up a little to make up for that.

Do they still mark the shipping boxes with a "don't sell before" stamp?

Seem to recall that from my days at VLS

Do they still mark the shipping boxes with a "don't sell before" stamp?

Seem to recall that from my days at VLS

Not anymore. It got to the point where some folks (especially ebay sellers) were just ignoring the dates, so then everybody started ignoring them, so they just quit doing them. Been about 5 years, I'd say.

I don't remember there being red lenses in the kit I saw. Only got to look through it for a few minutes, though.

Thats what the kit that was at NNL Mid Atlantic show had , and it had Red Lenses with it, so and the person that posted the info, I believe him 100% and what he said he seen

And someone over at Spotlight that got a pre production kit said the same thing, so at this point , its safe to say that the kit is coming with red lens's for the lightbar

Edited by martinfan5

Yes, the taillight lenses are molded onto the same sprue as the lightbar lenses it's just that I don't remember it having any red lenses at all, only clear. I could be wrong, I only saw it for a few minutes. Well, we'll find out in a couple weeks. I guess the race to be the first j-hole to piss on it will have to wait until then...

Yes, the taillight lenses are molded onto the same sprue as the lightbar lenses it's just that I don't remember it having any red lenses at all, only clear. I could be wrong, I only saw it for a few minutes. Well, we'll find out in a couple weeks. I guess the race to be the first j-hole to piss on it will have to wait until then...

Ohh, the wee wee'ing has already begone over the kit , anyways, it just a little disappointing that the lightbar lens's are molded in red, and if you want to try and do a State version that use's red/ blue,or B/B, well, you are just SOL unless you want to paint one blue, or use a different lightbar or make it a slick top, it is what is

OK, I thought someone had seen or posted pics somewhere of the actual parts in transparent red plastic. No biggie either way. We'll find out in two weeks or so. ^_^

Well, someone did see that actual parts ;) , but he did not take any pics that I know of, he was just confirming it, I am sure someone that attended the NNL took a pic :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Yes, PPV stands for Police Patrol Vehicle or Police Pursuit Vehicle, I am just used to using PPV when talking about police vehicles

As you drive around in your POV. :P

Edited by Danno

Red lenses? I don't see no steenking red lenses!

*Disclaimer: However, I don't see no stinking chrome pieces either! This is a test shot. Note that there are two separate clear trees. The one with the windows (likely gonna be run in "clear" in the finished kit) has headlights, etc. The OTHER clear tree has the lightbar domes, taillights, and a couple of other little lenses. So ~ it's likely this tree will be run in "red clear" as the taillights need to be red ... and, after all, it's not likely the taillights are gonna be blue!

779E2AFD-22EB-42EB-AC3E-86ED015EBB75-636

Picture courtesy Steve Goldman.

*Disclaimer: However, I don't see no stinking chrome pieces either! This is a test shot. Note that there are two separate clear trees. The one with the windows (likely gonna be run in "clear" in the finished kit) has headlights, etc. The OTHER clear tree has the lightbar domes, taillights, and a couple of other little lenses. So ~ it's likely this tree will be run in "red clear" as the taillights need to be red ... and, after all, it's not likely the taillights are gonna be blue!

Eeyup. Add to that the fact that some folks who have seen the kit (and may EVEN have provided the very cars for Revell to measure) note that both light bar lenses are red, and well, it's kind of inevitable now, isn't it?

As to whether noting that qualifies you for shellacking with yet another creative epithet, I leave it to the 180 or so of you paying attention to decide. B)

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Eeyup. Add to that the fact that some folks who have seen the kit (and may EVEN have provided the very cars for Revell to measure) note that both light bar lenses are red, and well, it's kind of inevitable now, isn't it?

As to whether noting that qualifies you for shellacking with yet another creative epithet, I leave it to the 180 or so of you paying attention to decide. B)

That's what I figure.

Oh, and, shellac? Well, I prefer a maple-flavored shellac if possible. ;)

779E2AFD-22EB-42EB-AC3E-86ED015EBB75-636

Picture courtesy Steve Goldman.

First, thanks for the photo credit ! Always appreciated..... Lets hope that clear red tree is painted that way vs. molded in color .... I just checked one of my more recent Revell kits and the tail lamps were painted. If that's the case just drop the lenses in 91 % rubbing alcohol and the color comes right off. Then just refinish in the Clear color of your choice and you're all set.

Edited by SteveG

They are MOLDED in red, not painted. I can 100% gaurantee that. So that can be put to bed, and I have word from VERY GOOD authority that Revell will replace the red MOLDED lenses with clear lenses if you file a parts request via the normal channels. This is a current running change-over on their production lines right now.

They are MOLDED in red, not painted. I can 100% gaurantee that. So that can be put to bed, and I have word from VERY GOOD authority that Revell will replace the red MOLDED lenses with clear lenses if you file a parts request via the normal channels. This is a current running change-over on their production lines right now.

Cool.