Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA,..... bone stock build

mademan

.... Just Kidding.

Buick Grand national powered turbo V6 :D

-fujimi 14" Steel Wheel set, and Grand National Turbo Bulge, Tamiya ts-14 Black

removed all of the casting lines also, and filled the rear exhaust opening in the bumper, so that I can run duals underneath.

IMG_4646_zps68e684b1.jpg

IMG_4649_zpsc9b2ac85.jpg

IMG_4648_zpsba5ddb74.jpg

more in a bit

Interesting idea....always loved those things in 1:1. Beautiful handling, well balanced cars. A big ol' gob of horsepower would be a very fine addition.

I had a '66 stepnose 1600 GT Sprint Veloce back in the early 70s, low mileage. Beautiful handling, well-balanced, incredibly unreliable and expensive to maintain. Regular valve jobs and water pump replacements, with shaky synchronizers - and I'd had Alfas before. The twin Webers could never stay tuned properly for very long, and the "self lubricating" bushings froze up the front suspension at about 25,000 miles. I knew it was time to think about a replacement when the outside door handle snapped off in my hand and the turn signal lever cracked off. Masochist that I am, I bought a couple of more Alfas over the next ten years; much more fun to drive than my godfather's (not mob : P ) Ferrari 330 GT 2+2, which I used a lot.

I had similar problems with all 4 Alfas - '59 Giulietta Super Spider Veloce, '71 1750 Spider Veloce, and - the only one I bought new - a '77 Alfetta GT, which was the worst of the bunch. I thought I'd get a break when I bought an '84 Porsche 944, which turned out to be even worse than the Alfas.

Edited by sjordan2