#21 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Definitly interested in one of these, What's the web site? Great looking piece.

#22 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Neato. Engine suggestions?

Charlie Larkin

#23 Duggz

Duggz

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Wilson

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

love to have one of those.

#24 Drago

Drago

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Full Name:Alexandre Täschner

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Is it from Modelhaus?

#25 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,612 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

Is it from Modelhaus?

No.

This is produced by Motor City Resin Casters, owned by Jeff Ballard.

Jeff is a fantastic guy and an EXCELLENT caster- he's on-par with Don Holthaus and the other leading casters.

I've met him several times at shows, got to know him when MCM had a chat-room and have purchased several of his products. All have met or exceeded my expectations. His stuff is good enough that other than perhaps being a hair lighter, you cannot tell the difference between his wares and an injection-molded part.

Charlie Larkin

#26 Drago

Drago

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Full Name:Alexandre Täschner

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

No.

This is produced by Motor City Resin Casters, owned by Jeff Ballard.

Jeff is a fantastic guy and an EXCELLENT caster- he's on-par with Don Holthaus and the other leading casters.

I've met him several times at shows, got to know him when MCM had a chat-room and have purchased several of his products. All have met or exceeded my expectations. His stuff is good enough that other than perhaps being a hair lighter, you cannot tell the difference between his wares and an injection-molded part.

Charlie Larkin

WOW!!! Thanks Charlie. I've done business with Jeff before.. You are totally right! He runs one of the best resin companies that provide us great gods. No problem at all!!!

Thanks for the info... ;-)

#27 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Another fabulous looking kit from my favourite style of F-series pickup... :wub:

From my understanding of this style of truck, the bed as depicted was available from start of production in '61 with the unibody; the '57-'60 bed was used for 4x4 applications. Unibodies were only from '61-'63, the bed above was '61-'66 and I think the '57-'60 bed was eventually phased out on 4x4s.

The bed I like the most, however, is the one used in Argentina-produced trucks. They only had short beds and it used the same panels as the unibody, only it was a separate bed.

#28 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:53 PM

Another fabulous looking kit from my favourite style of F-series pickup... :wub:

From my understanding of this style of truck, the bed as depicted was available from start of production in '61 with the unibody; the '57-'60 bed was used for 4x4 applications. Unibodies were only from '61-'63, the bed above was '61-'66 and I think the '57-'60 bed was eventually phased out on 4x4s.

The bed I like the most, however, is the one used in Argentina-produced trucks. They only had short beds and it used the same panels as the unibody, only it was a separate bed.

.......My '62 sb 2 wheel drive had the '57-'60 bed on it, l know of several long bed '63-'64 2 wheel drives that also had the old beds. l wonder if it maybe depends on which factory they were made at & when they used up the surplus beds? l had never heard of or seen the Argentinian beds. Those are VERY cool!

#29 kataranga

kataranga

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Martin

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

After combing through brochures for '61-'66 F-series, I can now see that the separate-bed trucks used the same bed from '57-'63. Brochures for the F-series for '64 proclaim a new body with single-hand tailgate latch.

#30 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Definitly interested in one of these, What's the web site? Great looking piece.

I just ordered one of these...

http://www.motorcity....com/63F100.htm

Edited by Elliot949, 14 December 2012 - 05:12 AM.