Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Roadster

RyanK

Here is my attempt at a traditional style 32 Ford.

I started with the kit chassis and modified it to allow for the 40 Ford X bracing. I then added rear spring support from the 29 Ford. I cut off the kit front horns and made my own. I also made the motor mounts from sheet plastic.

small_DSC05788.jpg

DSC06167.jpg

On to the body I cut the trunk open and I'm going to use the louvered trunk from the newer 5 window kit. I added the firewall from the AMT conv. vicky kit to somewhat represent a stockish firewall.

small_DSC05790.jpg

Here is where I'm at with motor right now. I've machined a few parts for the motor.

DSC06165.jpg

Here is a quick mock up of the car.

DSC06159.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looking very good so far. The center x-member swap from a later-model car was one way it was really done. Making the front frame horns look correct, like the channel-section that they actually are, is a nice touch too. The model 'A' rear crossmember is the traditional way, again, and the mild channel job over the frame rails is going to give the car a very nice stance. Fine start for a traditional hot-rod '32.

• 4 months later...

Well it has been a long time since I posted any progress. I have all the parts fabricated and now it is time to start painting all the parts.

DSC06924_zpscddd3de3.jpg

Here is the interior pieces. I'm using the dash board and steering wheel out of the 40 Ford. The side panels are made from striped plastic sheet and the top of the door panels are from the kit.

DSC06926_zpsfa745989.jpg

With opening the trunk up I had to scratchbuild the side panels, top of the trunk and the floor.

DSC06928_zpsd56cc06f.jpg

Since I shorted up the grill I scratchbuilt a new radiator.

DSC06933_zps0b4426ce.jpg

Where did you get those Eddie Meyer parts to Flathead? Who makes them? I saw them somewhere few years ago, but did not buy them and never seen them anymore. I should have bought the set back then.

Really nice work with it so far. I like seeing Traditional cars being built.

Super classy work so far. A great selection of kit and aftermarket parts carefully assembled. :)

Where did you get those Eddie Meyer parts to Flathead? Who makes them? I saw them somewhere few years ago, but did not buy them and never seen them anymore. I should have bought the set back then.

Really nice work with it so far. I like seeing Traditional cars being built.

Replicas & Minitaures of Maryland has them. Unfortunately they don't have a website. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a PDF file of the latest catalog (2012). Incredible stuff. Huge selection and the best resin parts made anywhere. Unfortunately they are pretty much a one man operation (Norm Veber) so orders take 6-10 weeks to fill.

Here are somelinks to pictures of some of their stuff:

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/1/2/1/after-market-source/replicasminiatureof/

http://public.fotki.com/crstan/replican-and-miniat/

http://public.fotki.com/davetoups/aftermarket_model_parts/replicas_and_miniat/

• 3 months later...