Started tinkering around with last week after finishing the Rabbit.
I had a '68 cab assembly from a box of stuff I got years ago and I'm gonna bash it with the current '72 longbed.The hood is from the '72. I was pleased to find it's thick enough at the front that you could easily file the front of it away to look like a '67/'68 hood.
Plans are for candy aqua paint with white roof and lower body. I'll be using the 19" Cragars in the pictures on it. I made them 6 or 7 years ago and only used them on one build so far so I think this will be a good one to use them on.
The engine will be the 350 small block from the '72 kit dressed up with the 327 valve covers from the '68 and detailed out a bit.
Started by shortening the rear fenders. took 12mm out in front of the wheel and 6 from behind. Also took the same from the bed floor. I'm moving the wheel wells in about 3 scale inches on each side. Need the extra room for the big Pegasus Michline Pilot tires I'll be using.
Here's the shortened chassis plate. Again, 12mm out of the wheelbase. I think I found a sneaky way to shorten it too. LOL
The only peices I actually removed is the little peice shown in the first pic which came out of the exhaust/drive shaft area between the suspension arms and a bit in front of the tires for clearence.
Here's the rear fenders before I attempt to add the trim and new side marker lights.
Edited by Steve Milberry, 21 April 2013 - 07:58 AM.