#1 '08SEAL

'08SEAL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Full Name:Lane Allen

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I haven't been building much. I have to leave for school at 7:00 AM. I have had football practice after school, so I usually get home about 6:00 to 6:30PM. Now that football season is over I want to get back into building. I want a kit that hasn't been started/modified yet, but I don't have one. I can't trade because I'm only 12 and my parents won't buy me one because they don't think I'll finish it and they don't want to waste 20 bucks. I will get home about 3:30 now and building is sounding fun again. I have been checking out the forum and have been liking the muscle car models and the old trucks. I hope I can get into the hobby again. I will hopefully get a model gong and finish it so I can get another one that I like. I really wanna get into the hobby.

#2 camarofreak82_427

camarofreak82_427

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Full Name:brandan pyles

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Nice to see someone so young want to get into the hobby. I was building at twelve they wernt anything to be proud of let me tell ya. what kinda cars are u into. Ebay has great deals and usualy they have them at clearance at hobby lobby for 7.50 if possibe cheak out garage sales also keep trying ask ur parents if u can do chores or simtging to show them u will work fir it u probbably really want it and will finnish it. Keep trying man its a great cheap hobby

#3 '08SEAL

'08SEAL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

Nice to see someone so young want to get into the hobby. I was building at twelve they wernt anything to be proud of let me tell ya. what kinda cars are u into. Ebay has great deals and usualy they have them at clearance at hobby lobby for 7.50 if possibe cheak out garage sales also keep trying ask ur parents if u can do chores or simtging to show them u will work fir it u probbably really want it and will finnish it. Keep trying man its a great cheap hobby

My parents don't buy from ebay. I don't know why. The nearest Hobby Lobby is 2 hours away. I would go if we had one like 5 minutes away but we don't.

#4 southpier

southpier

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  • Full Name:joe smythe

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Santa Claus is listening!

#5 '08SEAL

'08SEAL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, but he's also listened to a conversation between me and my friends about a Stoeger coach gun. ;)

#6 dynosam

dynosam

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Dyne

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

Awesome to see another 12 year old. Good luck and I hope you find a kit!!! I would love to donate a kit to you but I only have 1 myself.

Edited by dynosam, 21 October 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#7 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Lane, good luck getting back into the hobby. If I understand you correctly you have built in the past. Did you not ever finish a kit ? The reason I ask is because you say your folks won't buy you a kit because they are afraid you won't finish it. Also, don't forget garage sales as you can sometimes find a deal.

#8 C.C.RACER

C.C.RACER

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Full Name:CLAY

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Lane,
Check your P.m."s sent you s message. By the way are you a ford,chevy or dodge man?
Clay :)

#9 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

There's a guy on another forum I belong to who says he checks his local Goodwill store every week. Don't expect miracles, but he's come across some nice stuff at dirt cheap prices.

#10 LDO

LDO

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

He has posted here before. Seems like a good kid.

Lane- tell us what subjects you like. Like others have said, many of us old farts have a huge stash and wouldn't mind parting with a kit. I'd send you one, but you gotta promise to have more patience with your dog. (Sue me. I'm a dog lover)

#11 clavender17

clavender17

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Full Name:chris lavender

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

i also am glad to see younger modelers than i ... i mean i know of one my Buddy Billy and thats it .

#12 '08SEAL

'08SEAL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Thanks guys. But I can't accept any of these kits. I am only 12 and I have strict parents. I cannot release my adress over the internet or to nobody I don't know in person. Thanks anyway guys. I really appreciate it. If I could, I would. Trust me. I have finished kits before, and I am capable of finishing a kit just not lately. I have some parts to a Saleen S281 and will add on to it and try to complete it so I can get a new kit. Thanks again guys!

#13 '08SEAL

'08SEAL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks guys.

MUAHAHAHAHA! I have succeded at getting back into building. I just need to order a model and its complete. I have finished the started and stopped 1950 Chevy 3100. I have finished it so I could get a new model. I was thinking about ordering the 1/25 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 'n' 1. I have some paint for it. I want that and some BMF. I Haven't done BMF before but I want to try it. I think I have the idea for it. But I have succeded at getting back into building! :D

#14 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,187 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

Way to go. Ordering from the source is the best way to get BMF.

#15 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

Way to go. Ordering from the source is the best way to get BMF.

Not to mention the most "fresh" BMF there is. You can sometimes get a sheet that has been left out and has dried/cracked, not good for modeling or the pocketbook.