#41 Madd Trucker

Madd Trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Ferguson

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

I am original from North western Pa saw on the weather channel how the strom is nowo in my home town . I livie in Virgina and we had a lot of rain and wind and lost power for 2 hours yesturday

#42 KevinMoparFord

KevinMoparFord

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Wallenhorst

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

I am just south of Cleveland, OH and have been without power since 1130P last night. One good sized pine was uprooted and fell over into my neighbor's yard so will need the chain saw later. Did not hit either house so no damage.

#43 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

I've been in forced nomadism for most of the day.

I returned from my friend's apartment this morning and found my road closed. So, I just went and did some window-shopping and killed some time. I returned to my end of town, and saw a my road still somewhat closed, but it appeared possibly open to residents; the guy from Mass Electric wasn't too sure how it was working. So, I decided to try going down the street, and was greeted with electric lines strewn across the street. I'm at Wendy's now, grabbing a quick bite for lunch and checking e-Mail...glad I grabbed my laptop when I abandoned ship last night.

I'll be heading home shortly- or at least trying to.

Charlie Larkin

#44 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Here's the beach I've gone to since I was a teenager.... The round thing in the middle is a carousel. The road is completely covered by beach sand that was washed up and over the embankment that used to be there. You can see all the telephone poles but you can't see the road! At about 11:00 from the point of the carousel roof is a club called The Atlantis where my wife and I had our first date 32 years ago. Hope it's still there... Just above the airplane's wingtip you can see some mobile homes. That area right there was a campground and had lot's of campers in there. Looks like there were a few that the owners didn't heed the warnings!

Posted ImageHosted on Fotki

From the line of rocks you can see here, the beach was at least 100' down to the waterline! Not now...

This or WAS..my favorite night spot on the beach...Paddy's. Always had great bands playing in the evenings and great food. Hope they rebuild but I dunno...total loss!

An aerial view of what used to be Paddy's.. Again you can see the telephone poles but the road is covered with beach sand...

Edited by Terry Sumner, 30 October 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#45 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

The pictures make my heart ache when I see this destruction. I think of all the things some families lost including loved ones. But on the other hand I am also thankful for all of those who were spared major damage. Like others said my minnesota home doesn't look so bad now.

#46 Sixties Sam

Sixties Sam

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Stitzer

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

My heart goes out to those hit with heavy damage from the storm. We were lucky here in my home in the middle of PA. The wind wasn't too bad, a few gusts of about 50mph max. The power blinked here, but never went out. My basement got some puddles of water on the floor, but that's it. It could have been much worse.
Sam

#47 Ju Ju

Ju Ju

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Full Name:Julius Whiters

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

my moms name is sandy, they should have called that hurricane snooki instead

#48 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

The aftermath in NJ.... I moved from the NJ Shore to Exton, PA two years ago. I still own a house there that my two daughter live in. My daughters were evacuated and came to my house and thankfully my house was spared without any damage.

Posted Image

Our house is on 9th Street. 1st Street is the water. Here's the parallel street in the next town over, Keansburg, NJ

Posted Image

Here's what Keyport, NJ looks like.

Posted Image

Union Beach, NJ. My favorite waterfront house, stood there over 100 years, gone! The first two blocks are completely gone.

Posted Image

Keansburg, NJ. One of the shore's oldest boardwalks. Wiped out. This one was special because they still had all the 1930s rides in operation. All destroyed.

#49 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Wow. What a mess. The devastation is incredible. That house is something; I don't think I've ever seen a house stay standing with damage like that. Says something for its construction quality.

I hope the people and business there make a swift and full recovery.

Charlie Larkin

#50 peekay

peekay

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  • Full Name:Peter Kennedy

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Posted Image

Union Beach, NJ. My favorite waterfront house, stood there over 100 years, gone! The first two blocks are completely gone.

This house is on Front St. about half a mile south of where my brother lived until Sandy hit. His house is also unliveable, the ground floor and contents basically gone.

#51 Jon Cole

Jon Cole

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Full Name:Jon... although my parents used to call me "KNOCK IT OFF!"

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

That house.... stunned. Hard to fathom that Mother Nature can do that. As if it took a carving knife to it.

#52 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

The recovery has been slow on Long Island too. Many areas still without power, insurance companies paying banks instead of homeowners and endorsing checks after repairs are made, no contractors will work that way, no supplies available. One big nightmare.

Thank goodness our family came throught just fine.

#53 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image

Is that a '57 Chevy??? :o

I assume it wasn't wrecked by the storm (I don't think the storm ripped the left taillight housing and the rear bumper off)... but still, a weird photo.

#54 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

And I hear that there are thousands of people who still don't have power back yet! What's up with that? :blink:

#55 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I bet they get there bills sent on time . GGGRRR !

#56 blackace183

blackace183

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Full Name:Nick Smart

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

PSEG (new jerseys main power company) still reporting a couple thousand out.