#21 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

hobby lobby registers are not set up with a database. they dont use barcodes. the cashiers only know the price when it has a sticker on it. the only sales they know about is the newspaper ad they have plastered to the registers booth.

Which is great for us consumers until the person in front of you REALLY wants that picture frame but somehow managed to get the last one and the price tag is missing, resulting in a long wait at the only open register!

If they ever go to scanning barcodes, it will mean the end of great deals as I have lucked out a few times with current kits having clearance tags and getting them for 50% off, sometimes more!

#22 Von Don Koolkat

Von Don Koolkat

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Full Name:Don 'Koolkat' Graham

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'd rather do the right thing and use the coupon as it's intended. Otherwise, it's akin to switching price tags. Just sayin;..Same if I'm undercharged - notify the cashier and give the excess back.

#23 bad0210

bad0210

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Full Name:brandon dove

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Which is great for us consumers until the person in front of you REALLY wants that picture frame but somehow managed to get the last one and the price tag is missing, resulting in a long wait at the only open register!

If they ever go to scanning barcodes, it will mean the end of great deals as I have lucked out a few times with current kits having clearance tags and getting them for 50% off, sometimes more!

same here. ive scored lots of good deals. especially when the price on the sticker was wrong. i found a diamond reo for $15 when it should of been $36. im not gonna complain.lol

#24 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

i am with kool kat here in the case of being given too much change back or being overtly undercharged for something, i always return it or at least point it out, but when something is "mismarked" in a store i think that is fair game. for one thing, as a retail store, they should know what they are doing in their pricing and inventory control and for another there are often reasons behind "mismarking"...like they got a real special price on one crate of something and those items are legitimately priced less than the rest of the same inventory, maybe a bit of a scratch or dent in the packaging, and a myriad of other reasons. the introduction of scanning equipment doesnt really change the equation too much, there are probably as many errors in scanning equipment price lists as there ever were with clerks accidently mismarking something.

#25 hooterville75

hooterville75

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Full Name:Deron Shank

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:51 AM

I have never did anything out of the unnormal. Anything Ive ever done in Hobby Lobby with a coupon was at the mercy of the manager that rings me out. I know the manager and go through her line constantly. So theres no need to be accusing anyone of doing anything wrong or illegal. If the manager allows you to use two coupons (which the 25% is automatically given) with the second being the 40% off store coupon then I guess Shame on them. I simply hand the cashier my items, coupons and tender at the time its asked for. She gives me my change, bag and receit. I see no harm in that. If there was something "illegal" or "deceitful" going on Im sure the manager would be sure to bring to my attention.

#26 CadillacPat

CadillacPat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Full Name:Pat Parker

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I have never did anything out of the unnormal.

I just thught that deserved to be quoted again, for posterity!!!!!!!!
CadillacPat

#27 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

I was at my local Hobby Lobby yesterday and didn't see anything that I don't have already or that I can use, so a 40% coupon does me no good at the moment. I do check there from time to time, but I'm also trying to "thin out the herd" in my collection of unbuilt kits.

#28 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,026 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

I was at my local Hobby Lobby yesterday and didn't see anything that I don't have already or that I can use, so a 40% coupon does me no good at the moment. I do check there from time to time, but I'm also trying to "thin out the herd" in my collection of unbuilt kits.

Same boat here Nick, except I almost always scan the shelves 3 times "just to make sure"! The other day it was the recently reissued AMT '69 442 Hurst Olds. I have the kit from the previous issue but not in the Hurst Olds package and after watching an episode of Chasing Cars, I saw my inspiration!

#29 Chas SCR

Chas SCR

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Full Name:Chas Cochran

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

You can how ever use the Hobby Lobby one at Micheals and get the sale item with the coupon. The one here lets you use both if it says 25% off of all sales and a 40% off of the item so you do get 65% off. But that is just at Micheals using both coupons from both stores.