MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,081 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Tamiya Did A Cherokee kit I think
I had one at one time and I see on ebay that Lindberg has dine a Grand Cherokee

Yes, but newer then the ones in this thread, its a good kit, the Lindberg one is the same body style and year as the Tamiya
http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d656f21d

Edited by martinfan5, 01 November 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#22 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Yes, but newer then the ones in this thread, its a good kit, the Lindberg one is the same body style and year as the Tamiya
http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d656f21d

They were Grand Cherokee's.
I think I remember reading that the GC and the Wrangler were tooled up due to the influence of the German Importer of Tamiya kits.

#23 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

I have a Grand Cherokee promo that is 1/20 scale (maybe 1/18,not sure) that I bought on ebay. It's in a blue box with no maker that I'm aware of. It states on the box " you have 59 seconds to build this". Inside, there's some information about how the Cherokee is built and that one rolls off the assembly line every 59 seconds. I only got as far as painting the interior,but lost interest due to the odd scale.

#24 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

I have a Grand Cherokee promo that is 1/20 scale (maybe 1/18,not sure) that I bought on ebay. It's in a blue box with no maker that I'm aware of. It states on the box " you have 59 seconds to build this". Inside, there's some information about how the Cherokee is built and that one rolls off the assembly line every 59 seconds. I only got as far as painting the interior,but lost interest due to the odd scale.

I'm 99% sure that's the 1/20 Lindberg kit, issued as a promo for Jeep events. I stumbled upon one on eBay last year, then saw the Lindberg instruction sheet. :(

#25 Brizio

Brizio

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts
  • Full Name:Fabrizio Fae

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:10 AM

There is no Cherokee (XJ) Kit, only Grand Cherokee (ZJ). I'm building one, it is a long, long project, for now I have only the body almost done... And it is in 1/24.:)

#26 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

Yup, only XJ's I've seen in scale have been either 1/64 from Matchbox and now Johnny Lightening (still need to find the latter brand), Proline has a couple lexan R/C body shells available, then there was a guy in Germany that had been selling resin bodies and complete running R/C trucks..........the bodies alone were $300-$400 and the RTR was closer to $3,000-$4,000! I could buy a 1/1 Cherokee for less than that! Some Chinese diecast maker was supposedly going to be producing a 1/24-1/25 scale '84 with a 4 cylinder at one point a couple years back as an anniversary model for the ones that were sold there under licensing with AMC, then Chrysler, then Daimler Chrysler. Now that I think of it, there also was a "Land of the Lost" XJ from the TV show, but it was somwhat Palmer like in it's overall appearance...........although it at least looked like a Cherokee

#27 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,090 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Joe, I think there was a 1/20ish R/C "toy" XJ awhile back...can't remember the brand offhand. It was supposedly a pretty accurate body, if we could get ahold of one of those and "shrink" it for resin casting...

Briz, I borrowed your pic of this odd-scale XJ, hope you don't mind...it's the only image on the net that I could find of the 'lil one!

Posted Image

#28 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Never seen that one before, actually looks right too?! If you even get one of those and resin cast them, let me know! If it's 1/20, it wouldbe perfect for Losi's Trail Trekker micro scaler :)

Wonder which chassis that body is mounted on, looks like the Venom Mini Giant that I used to own.