Is it true that AMT is including pad-printed Polyglas GT tires in some recent releases?

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

#21 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Monty,

I will join you in writing to Round 2 for getting the Polyglas tires released as a kit like their other tire packages as I have a hard time buying the Hurst Olds and Mustang kits just for the tires! I would rather purchase multiple tire kits that I will use instead of multiple car kits that will get raided!

Thanks for pointing this out and taking the lead on the campaign to get these tires offered as kit. Round 2 if you are listening, get them done now!

#22 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

If Revell was smart, they would regain the tire licenses they had, and in addition to putting lettered tires in kits, they could also sell the tires in packs. I'm sure most people who build pickup/SUV kits have plenty of extra wheels that fit in the Goodyear Tracker A-T tires! :lol:

Plus I really like the Goodyear GT Radials that were in the older F-250/F-350 kits.

#23 The70judgeman

The70judgeman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Shoberg

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Actually that's a brilliant idea. I can either wish & hope and see what happens, or I can try and make something happen. I went to Round2's site http://round2models.com/contact and sent them a nice email complimenting them on their tires and asking if they had considered making them available as a package deal a la the slicks & whitewalls they released earlier.

If you're interested in helping me push this idea, feel free to do the same. Posted Image

Just threw my 2 cents in. I, for one, would definately buy multiple sets. I even suggested a 16 tire set...enough for 4 cars...more economical for some of us.

#24 Maindrian Pace

Maindrian Pace

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Schnur

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

See the thread on the reissue '66 Mustang in new kit reviews for pics of these tires. Very nice if you ask me, I'd buy a few sets.

-MJS

#25 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,876 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

The new '69 Olds Cutlass has those tires and they are pretty.

#26 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,319 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

I would rather purchase multiple tire kits that I will use instead of multiple car kits that will get raided!

The new '69 Olds Cutlass has those tires and they are pretty.

They are very, very nice, and make all previous Polyglas GT tires obsolete.

I would agree that Round2 would do well to offer an eight tire set (the number found in both the Firestone whitewalls and M&H slicks parts packs), with one set of each "new" Polyglas GT tire size, and priced at $9.50 or so, much like the Firestones.

I would imagine these tires would look fantastic on the forthcoming Revell '70 Hemi 'Cuda kit, too. B) Steal some of Revell's thunder, Round2! :lol: