#21 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Just traded one for Tyrone Malone Papa truck and Super Boss . I think italeri will soon be releasing it again but with a condo sleeper.

That would be soooo cool!

#22 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Full Name:John Martin

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

That would be soooo cool!

X2 :)

#23 doggie427

doggie427

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Location:currently 10th dimension;considering a move to the 13th
  • Full Name:wayne sauchuk

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

probably going another route i've seen an FLD 120 around where i live thats sort of a light blue color with two hole budd wheels but i don't know once it arrives im going to do some brainstormng and see what comes out of it.

Thanks for lookin'!

How about making it into a M-915 line hauler or better yet, GUN TRUCK !!
Attached File  M915GunTruckpaint.jpg   36.39KB   9 downloads

#24 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:11 AM

Posted Image

these things are beastly!, this would be a pretty good project I'm more of a fleet truck kinda guy y'know basic paint job, two hole wheels, single exhaust that sorta thing so this would fit well in that catagory. ^_^ I'm going to try to get my hands on another one of these kits whenever another one pops up on ebay because this looks like a really fun project!

Thanks for lookin'!

Edited by DRWho95, 05 November 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#25 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,391 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

I've had one of these in the stash that has actually had road time in the 1:1!! :lol: I have always planned on building like the 1:1 I drove, including the shortened side fairings and the 470 Series 60 under hood. Italeri did a nice job on the update to the 120, not simply repopping the FLC, including even correcting the air ride in the rear.

#26 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

I've had one of these in the stash that has actually had road time in the 1:1!! :lol: I have always planned on building like the 1:1 I drove, including the shortened side fairings and the 470 Series 60 under hood. Italeri did a nice job on the update to the 120, not simply repopping the FLC, including even correcting the air ride in the rear.

:D

#27 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

On the topic of rare find here's one that'll knock your socks off... http://www.ebay.com/...d=190549147643

#28 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Don't waste your time and money on the Marmon. It just might be the worst truck kit that RoG ever made. It's actually the 359 Pete with a different grille

It's alright i wasn't planning on it just thought i'd share it because i found it interesting. ^_^ also do you happen to know anything about the T-600 kit that RoG made? is it any good?

Thanks for lookin'!

#29 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

No I do not. Personally I have never been a big fan of any of the RoG kits, but I'm sure you'll get some feedback on the T 600

Can't say i blame ya' i purchased one of the 359 Kits and the build quality was poor, excessive flash, and a number of inaccuracies. i've heard several people mention the same things when talking about the RoG kits. Thanks for the input!

Thanks for lookin'!

#30 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

On the topic of rare find here's one that'll knock your socks off... http://www.ebay.com/...d=190549147643

That was the first truck kit I ever build back in the early 90's, and it was the worst truck kit I have ever built, so many poor fit problems, I certainly wouldn't spend $130 on another one ....

#31 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

also do you happen to know anything about the T-600 kit that RoG made? is it any good?

In a word NO, it has so many poor fit problems you'll be pulling your hair out !

#32 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

That was the first truck kit I ever build back in the early 90's, and it was the worst truck kit I have ever built, so many poor fit problems, I certainly wouldn't spend $130 on another one ....

i normally don't purchase truck kits unless the name Italeri across the top of the box. I mostly find that RoG Kits to be innacurate and poorly manufactured due to overuse of tooling.

Thanks for lookin'!

In a word NO, it has so many poor fit problems you'll be pulling your hair out !

:lol:

#33 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

I mostly find that RoG Kits to be innacurate and poorly manufactured due to overuse of tooling.

There kits of the early German 1950's trucks (Krupp and the Bussing) are very good kits with brilliant parts fit, there later London Routemaster bus is a stunning kit, but there earlier American truck kits weren't very good, and wheels and tyres looked awful ....