5 replies to this topic

#1 LIFTED2X4CHEVY

LIFTED2X4CHEVY

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

I am looking for resin parts for engines. Like blowers, turbos, and air cleaner. Where is a good place to get them.

#2 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

i assume you havent had this answered yet but there are a lot of manufacturers out there...one good way to find them would be to pick up a copy of a model magazine (like maybe our sponsors here!) and take a look at the ads and the articles and i think column specifically about this. you should be able to find just about anything.

some specifics though, replicas and miniatures of maryland have a vast inventory of resin and metal parts for motors, and a place called, i think, gibson engines sells complete motor kits to
upgrade kit model motors.

actually ebay isnt bad either, just search for "resin" in the model cars section.

#3 Guest_roadkill2525_*

Guest_roadkill2525_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

You might want to check rocketfin.com

#4 bandit.93

bandit.93

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

there is a really good site called www.hiroboy.com. they have turbos, air cleaners w/ pipes and just air filters. they even have full turbos with turbo, intercooler,and nitrous tank. although i havent seen any blowers.

#5 resinslinger

resinslinger

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:18 AM

We make a Kobelco 14-71 "Superman" blower. Our web address is http://www.freewebs.com/resinslinger/. Next year we will be doing a ProCharger 114mm turbo kit. CB

#6 VW Dave

VW Dave

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Full Name:Vee Doubleyou Dave

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:19 AM

Can't go wrong with these folks IMO. Shipping is fast and reasonable, and they're super prompt at answering questions too:

ThePartsBox.Com

I'm told Hiroboy is pretty good to deal with, but nearly all of their resin engine bits are PartsBox products; I prefer to go right to the source. Shipping from Australia to the US might sound scary, but it's really quite reasonable(the US dollar is $1.11AU as of this morning). On my first order I got 2 local friends to pick stuff from their catalog, and we split the shipping.

Edited by VW Dave, 15 November 2007 - 05:22 AM.