#1 Steve_L

Steve_L

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen L. Linngren

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:55 PM

These are pictures of my recently completed 1940 Mercury Nostalgia Custom. I started with a Jimmy Flintstone Matranga resin body and used an AMT/Ertl 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery kit to complete the project. The car is lowered with shaved door handles and emblems. The headlights are from the AMT/Ertl 1939 Ford and the bumpers are custom ribbed units from the 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery. The grille is a modified 1939 Ford unit. The wheels are stock 1940 Ford items with wide whitewalls and custom 6 blade spinner hubcaps from the AMT 1960 Edsel kit. The exterior is Brand X blue enamel that I had lying around in my hobby room and the interior is Duplicolor Charcoal Gray upholstery paint. I added custom exhaust pipes styled after those found on Spencer Murray's 1949 Chevy vintage custom.

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 lizardlust

lizardlust

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

Keen Kustom, Steve! The sidepipes certainly flow with the lines, and the Edsel caps really lock on to the vintage look. Neat little cruiser!!

#3 Steve H.

Steve H.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Full Name:Steve

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:10 AM

Nice job! :P
I have one of those on the bench, but I went brain dead trying to figure out which dash to use!
I'll get back to it soon (I hope!)