Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tommy Grove F/C

Pro Tech

Thanks guys, well the body is finally finished. I spent about 8-10 hours sanding/polishing the paint and am happy with the results. I also have the glass installed, Bare Metal Foil (I used a fine Scotch Brite on the foil to knock down the chrome effect and make it look more like aluminum) used for body window trim, and made rear panel to replace rear window. Thanks for looking. Also don't forget to check out my new YouTube video in the "Links, Website section"

TommyGrovebody3_zps03d78951.jpg

TommyGrovebody2_zps4c8e36bc.jpg

TommyGrovebody1_zps7b83d90b.jpg

Charlie

Pro Tech

Thanks guys, who knows, maybe I'll get it done by the end of the year.....no I'm serious :unsure:.

Tom, your not too shabby of a builder yourself. When are you going to post some of your work?? I'm sure the guys would love to see it. We can have a challenge to see who finishes a model first :lol: :lol: :lol: . See ya on Tues. at the meeting.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Wow that looks really good! Paint job is smooth as glass and your detailing is really good looking. You're doing a great job in here, I can't wait to see more!

I want to say as well, that Pro Tech parts are great! I have bought a big bunch of Braided Lines and a couple of Valve Cover T-Bolts (So far). They are great quality and I'll definitely order more of them across the Ocean rather than buying Detail Master Braided Lines from Finland since I never had any luck with them, but Pro Techs have worked every time. :)

Charlie

Very Nice build! Anxious to see the finish. Testor's Clear enamel over lacquer. Interesting? Might I pick your brain on this one? Why?

Jim

Hi Jim, the reason I use Testor's clear enamel is that I really like the way it flows out with a minimal amount of knock-down during the sanding/polishing phase. The drawback is the wait time (approx. 2 months) before you can work the final finish. I do the body/paint first and set it aside to dry and by the time I'm ready for it (way more than 2 months) I can start the sanding/polishing process. Another benefit is no clean-up, I use the can :) . I have heard good things about Testor's One Coat clear and might try this in the future, I'm curious how this compares to the clear enamel in flow out/leveling properties. Lac. usually has in inherent property of orange peeling no matter how heavy you apply it. If anyone has had experience with it let me know on above, thanks!

Charlie

Pro Tech Model Parts

Charlie

Pro Tech

I've just got hold of some ProTech lines and fittings for my F/C build. It'll be my first go with these and I'm looking forward to the results.

I agree, apart from the excellent engine, the tasty details on the wheels or the glistening paint, I really liked the dirtied-up seatbelt.

Made me nod in approval..

Looking forward to the finished pics