#1 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,452 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

This is a new one on me. I've always thought a line of Lauren collection kits would be cool, but I see that he's offering 1:8 built versions of some of his cars (about $9,500 each)...

Bugatti Atlantic
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
Ferrari 250 GTO
McLaren F1 LM

• Each car in Mr. Lauren's private collection is digitally scanned to capture the precise detail of every component. Accurate to one-tenth of a millimeter, the technology allows for the creation of an accurate scale reproduction of the original.
  • A dedicated team of highly skilled model-makers worked for 3,000 hours to create the master model and an additional 350 hours to carefully assemble each individual limited edition model.
  • A silicon rubber mold creates detailed castings of each model, which are then treated with authentic automotive paint systems. Hand-sprayed like the originals, and cut, fettled, sanded and polished, each replica is crafted for a superb finish.
  • Finely crafted with extreme accuracy and attention to detail.
  • Model is built on a 1:8 scale and authenticated with its own unique edition number and certificate. Presented in a protective acrylic case that fits over a wooden base. Model: 9" H x 22" L x 9" D. Case: 11" H x 27½" L x 14

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12282160&utm_medium=12282160&utm_source=Shoppingdotcom&utm_campaign=CSE