#121 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

This is the second set my friend in England sent me. This set is for the Lonestar and the Prostar. It has enough emblems to do one of each. Image07062013153107_zps4f857e96.jpg

CTM24070emblems_zps2cafaa4a.jpg

Gotta get me a set (or two) of those!

#122 raildogg

raildogg

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Full Name:Richard A Rozzi

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

Where can we buy it , give us the link please,please!!

Edited by raildogg, 15 July 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#123 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

This is where I usually buy this stuff from. They don't have the Lonestar/Prostar emblem set listed but they may still have it? You would have to ask. http://www.modelmake...e995mij22vcl5q7

#124 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

This is the company that makes the photo etch sets. I don't know if they sell direct or not? http://www.liaznavzd...edtrans/ctm.php

#125 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,401 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

Those are hot!   How much do they retail for, do you know?

#126 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

I just spoke with my friend inEngland that sent me these sets. He is going to see if CTM will supply him with these sets as they do not sell overseas for some reason? Here is a list that CTM provided my friend showing prices in different currencies. untitled_zps2f10b52a.png

Edited by Ben, 16 July 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#127 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,090 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Ben, I have checked all the sites that CTM list on their website for place's to buy from, and none are selling the ProStar P/E sets yet,  I do want to get one set

#128 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Ben, I have checked all the sites that CTM list on their website for place's to buy from, and none are selling the ProStar P/E sets yet,  I do want to get one set

My friend is getting in touch with Jan (CTM) to find out if he will supply him with parts. If he will, I'll be placing an order for a few sets. You can buy a set off me. I won't charge you any more than what i have to pay and shipping should be cheap as It can be sent in a padded envelope.

#129 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

My friend is getting in touch with Jan (CTM) to find out if he will supply him with parts. If he will, I'll be placing an order for a few sets. You can buy a set off me. I won't charge you any more than what i have to pay and shipping should be cheap as It can be sent in a padded envelope.

Ben, that would be great, thank you

#130 k100

k100

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Yoder

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hi Ben, put me down for a set if you would  please please.....

Thank you

#131 Ironman63

Ironman63

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Sears

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Ben, I would also be interested in a set of each if that is possible.

Thanks

#132 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

I just picked up my new Prostar today ,must say vary nice kit. Now all I have to do is pick up some Of them Photo etch parts.

#133 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

I'd be interested in a set as well, Ben.

#134 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Waiting on our local plastic pusher to get them , cant wait to get it

Edited by martinfan5, 21 July 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#135 raildogg

raildogg

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Full Name:Richard A Rozzi

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

Put me on the list also. Very interested in a set for my Lone Star

#136 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

ProStar is getting closer, very minor fixes and we'll start to produce!

61827_503570413016600_994860732_n.jpg

Y'know, I don't have quite the commercial expertise that others on this forum do; but for my money, these just have to be some of the greatest rigs ever in plastic.

#137 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,829 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

Y'know, I don't have quite the commercial expertise that others on this forum do; but for my money, these just have to be some of the greatest rigs ever in plastic.

Take out the 'some of' and I agree 100%. B) The LoneStar changed the game as far as 1:25 Class 8 tractor kits go. This ProStar should continue that.

#138 ap40rocktruck

ap40rocktruck

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Full Name:Richard C Mark

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Our old car kiits are not produced from factory drawings - We go out and measure cars and photograph them with size references in the photos. The factory develops 3D files and tooling mock-ups from photos.

Our two big trucks were develooped from CAD files provided by Navistar.

Finding and measuring an old Truck is a lot more complicated than sending a set of CAD files over the internet.

I'm not ruling out old truck kits - just explaining that it's not a simple or fast process.

We have some more big truck projects in mind.

Let us get ProStar done and on store shelves and then we'll see where we're going..

ProStar tooling is finished - we're in process of finishing packaging, Instructions and decals now. I'd like to think that kits will be in stores Before the end of April. I'd like to say that they'll be available earlier but I don't want to over-promise..

Dave

Dave,

In my opinion, the focus of of modern US trucks & trailers is the only way to go.  Given modern technology, CAD files, 3D modeling software, CNC milling milling machines and so on, the ability to work with the complex curves & profiles of the modern US has become relatively easy.  From reading thru all these posts, comments & and answers the issues with the tooling were more related to the "mechanics" of the truck & not the curves.  

With just how high Moebius has raised the bar with the Lonestar, Prostar & a true 53' reefer trailer, lets continue the path.  Moebius has proven just what is possible with modern tech, so why ask them to go backwards?  On ward & upward the more modern the better.  I say yes to  a US Mack Titan or Granite, KW T-700, T-908, T-2000, or even a F brand.  The only addition I ask to have is a day cab option or a complete day cab version of each.   

Although the older & vintage trucks are a great topic, and the resin casters are slowly working there way thru so many of the possible topics.  In the current world of high tech come high cost comes the need to maximize ROI with in the time constraints set forth by those in charge.  While at the same time turning out a product that will be marketable to a wide range of model builders across the age spectrum.  

We need to keep in mind that the CAD files that are supplied by the OEM & ability to work with them in our current world will always out weigh the coast per man hour to manually measure & document a vintage truck, and then having to re-design it in CAD.   We will also benefit from the use of the factory CAD files in the resulting kit will be as close to a miniature of the actual as our wildest dreams.

Ap40, a true fan & buyer of Moebius models!

#139 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

The other day at work We got two of these in. Pretty heavy box. I'm interested to see one built.

#140 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

I am 7 days away from getting my Prostar at a unbeatable price, cant wait,  now I just need to get one more, and I will be all set, and the 53Ft as well :lol: