2 replies to this topic

#1 patrol52

patrol52

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:40 AM

I finally got around to finishing this one up. I built it for 4-H, but was never really satisfied with the paint on the rear fender. In addition, when it got back from the fair, the paint had shrunk on the other rear fender causing it to look like a big dent. I peeled off the rear fenders and re-painted. This time I did not paint the vent in the fender black as it took away from the truck (I think).

Posted Image
chopped top, cleaned up body lines
Posted Image
fender vents, corvette tail lights, filled tail gate
Posted Image
396BBC, blower, electric fan, 3x2 carbs, wiring
Posted Image
corvette front and rear suspension grafted in, 57 chevy car gas tank replaces spare tire, made inner rear fenders, custom exhaust, oak bed, and moved just about every cross member

I noticed I have way too many trucks, so after this I built a few cars for a change, but I still love old trucks!

#2 Robert81

Robert81

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Taphorn

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:00 AM

i love the 3 2-barrel carbs on the supercharger! the corvette parts are a nice addition to a great kit. awsome build. if trucks are what you like to build, that is your choice. you should build to your taste not other peoples.

#3 scubadiver411

scubadiver411

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Allen

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

:rolleyes: That is a really sharp looking ride there.... Like to see some more of your builds... :huh:

STEVE