hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hi Guys,
Just prior to my move, my corded Dremel of 20+ years bit the dust... I had purchased a small batteryj powered Dremel for slow speed work. The battery never lasted two minutes... I have heard good things about the Proxxon. Any of you that have one care to provide some feedback? I am preparing my Christmas list for the wife and kids... Thought that it might be a good addition. Thanks in advance.

#2 timc

timc

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Cassady

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Did you try changing the brushes in your old dremel?You can get new brush kits almost anywhere the dremels are sold.Around $5 a set I belive.Could be worth a try.bigtim.

#3 Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph Osborn

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Proxxon rotary tools have better bearings in them, so the runout at the collet is much less than your typical Dremel. Translation: a Proxxon wobbles less than a Dremel and is therefore more accurate. And as Tim said, the brushes are easy to change out in a Dremel and will usually fix performance problems, but if your speed controller is burned out then that's a little more expensive to fix, but the Dremel service center in Palm Springs can get you any part for any Dremel.

#4 Doug Beebe

Doug Beebe

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • Full Name:Douglas E. Beebe

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I have a rather old Dremel also,,worked fine then quit,no apparent reason,,curious? I took it apart and found a broken wire??,finally got the wire repaired,added a piece to eliminate break,and it works great again,,,,,,,hate to replace anything,,right next to the term LOW BUDGET,,is my photo,,,,,just a thought,,,,,