Model Cars Magazine Forum

Louisiana Logger

this is a Mack logger southern style i built in the early 80s. down in centeral louisians and all through the south thease self loading fold up pole trucks are common..the trailer is scratch built useing some parts from the amt log kit..scratch built chane binders..engine and drive train all wired and plumbed..this truck was feathered in scale auto mag. # 56

Looks really good! I remember following those around when i was stationed at Ft. Polk. We always used to say that if you didn't have a cracked headlight or a cracked windshield due to a log truck, you hadn't been stationed there long!

Edited by Jim B

Yea, thats a la logger, use to haul wood chips to bastrop & mansfield. Now people are going to new petes and 4 bunk trailers around here. Oh, Oh, almost forgot Bogaloosa, 11 hr round trip from monticello, our dispatcher told us we could make 2 loads a day. Go figure!

Edited by signguy2108

Looks really good! I remember following those around when i was stationed at Ft. Polk. We always used to say that if you didn't have a cracked headlight or a cracked windshield due to a log truck, you hadn't been stationed there long!

Was Stationed there for 2 yrs! It is really accurate!! Never saw a DM logger but this is the fun of Modeling!! I did get a cracked windshield as part of my PCS award!!

That is one nicely detailed and weathered model you have there, even by today's standards! I like the windshield wiper patterns in the windshield, they look realistic. I see you even have a photo etched exhaust shield... In the early eighties? You have added a lot of detailing parts to these kits. Nice job David!

back in the day Robert they wasnt much photo etch around..a buddy down in new orleans did them,,and i still have a few..lol..i cut maskin tape and dusted floquil mud all over truck and trailer , then toped it off with real mud mixed with white glue and real pine tree bark..

Yea, thats a la logger, use to haul wood chips to bastrop & mansfield. Now people are going to new petes and 4 bunk trailers around here. Oh, Oh, almost forgot Bogaloosa, 11 hr round trip from monticello, our dispatcher told us we could make 2 loads a day. Go figure!

Mansfield, LA?

Hey John, that was International paper, late '80's. Looks like a little before your time!

Yeah most certain about that. i was curious about it because i grew up in mansfield, As well as most of my family and thought it was pretty neat that someone would mention such a small town as such here is all. The international paper plant closed in 2006 sadly.

• 2 weeks later...