#5681 MyBradKeselowski

MyBradKeselowski

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Foote

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Did those have the truck rallies from the factory?

Yes, all SOA Impala's left the factory with rallies...

#5682 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

If you plan to build that and don't use the Dolphins and/or Steelers decals I'd like to take them off your hands.

IF anyone has the NFC version decals, I'd like the Detroit Lions decals if you're not using them... :D

#5683 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

finally can post something here. made a few trades, got a lindburg 53 ford, a 69 charger, interior parts for a 68 runner and a few rat packer hood are on thier way!! now, if someone can ship me some time to build, i will be all set!!

thanks all involved for the great trades!!

#5684 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Round 2/AMT's Vantom/Phantom Ford van. Really nice

#5685 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Moving sale last week 1/8 scale 85 Vette and a Peterbilt 352 pacemaker Cabover (it has Budweiser on the box ) no decales open box.

#5686 Jdurg

Jdurg

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Full Name:Justin Urgitis

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Moving sale last week 1/8 scale 85 Vette and a Peterbilt 352 pacemaker Cabover (it has Budweiser on the box ) no decales open box.

Oh, you'll definitely have to take photos of the 1/8 scale 1985 Corvette as you build it! Always wanted to get me one of those things, but just do not have the room to assemble it and display it. (Plus, don't have enough spray paint to properly paint it. lol).

I got me a 1/12 scale Monogram 1967 Corvette Coupe that will arrive at the house on Wednesday of next week. Can't wait to detail the engine compartment, wire it, plumb it, etc. I have a TON of different gauge wires I accumulated while building my speaker set many years ago, wiring ethernet connections throughout the house, taking apart dead motors, etc. etc. so I have a ton of colors of wire, a bunch of different gauges to use, and now a great kit to make full use of it. I think lately I've gotten more attracted to using solder for wiring wherever I can, and just painting the solder when needed, or painting it with liquid electrical tape which gives it the insulation look that I am looking for. I LOVE building bigger scale Corvettes as they are so much easier to detail and get nitpicky with. My plans are to paint it Goodwood Green Metallic with a black interior as I have plenty of black flocking and also picked up a can of "interior touch-up" paint from a local auto parts store in black. This will make things a bit interesting as the hood stripe for this color combination is white, and with a dark green color I may have some very detailed masking to do when painting the car. Or VERY precise white decal cutting to do. :)

#5687 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

Picked up the sweet new Ebbro 1970 Lotus 72C (Jochen Rindt, Gold Leaf livery)...I love the tires--pre-printed Goodyears w/ gold stripe. From eBay, got in the mail a relatively complete, restorable Jo-han '70 Maverick (w/ the stock parts)..

#5688 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

Ordered my AMT Phantom Van from Tower Hobbies last night, so I guess I will have to update this post next week when the package arrives!

#5689 Jdurg

Jdurg

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

Made a quick run to the LHS and picked up a jewelers saw for cutting the headlights out of the '67 Vette I have coming in (I plan to make them rotating like on the real car), a bottle of MM Acrylic Gunmetal paint, and MM Acrylic Chevy Engine Red. I really like the MM Acrylic paints as they clean up with water, don't give off noxious fumes, cover the plastic incredibly well with no brush marks, and dry INCREDIBLY fast. I'm slowly replacing my small amount of enamel paints with the acrylic ones as time goes on.

Also went online and got me two cans of the Goodwood Green Metallic paint I'll use on the vette, two cans of primer from the same line of paint, and two cans of clear from that same line as well. I love this paint, and although the cost of the paint is incredibly expensive, on large scale cars such as this Vette I will spare no expense.

#5690 outragis

outragis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Ragis

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Do you see a pattern?
Posted Image

#5691 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,493 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Me thinks someone likes Bowties.

#5692 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Do you see a pattern?

Yeah, you prefer blue and green cars over orange ones.

#5693 2000-cvpi

2000-cvpi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Full Name:Corey Sarenius

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

I normally don't check Craigslist for models, but I was up late building last night and couldn't sleep. So I did what any hopelessly addicted model car nut would do, I surfed Ebay and Craigslist for kits. I found a add for a guy cleaning up his basement and had some leftover models. So I went over today and bought all that he had. Thirty five kits heavier and $170.00 lighter, I have this box full of unbuilt kits. I will post better pictures in a few minutes when I carry the box down to my model room.
Posted Image

#5694 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:Inactive

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

OOH, I see a 72 GMC.

#5695 outragis

outragis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Ragis

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

I normally don't check Craigslist for models, but I was up late building last night and couldn't sleep. So I did what any hopelessly addicted model car nut would do, I surfed Ebay and Craigslist for kits. I found a add for a guy cleaning up his basement and had some leftover models. So I went over today and bought all that he had. Thirty five kits heavier and $170.00 lighter, I have this box full of unbuilt kits. I will post better pictures in a few minutes when I carry the box down to my model room.
Posted Image

Nice,!

#5696 Tom Setzer

Tom Setzer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Full Name:Thomas J.C. Setzer

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

By using 50% off coupons (My Daughter,and Myself ) I was able to get these three models at Micheals, and Hobby Lobby for a total cost of $33.!

Posted Image

Edited by Tom Setzer, 25 August 2012 - 06:21 PM.

#5697 Jdurg

Jdurg

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Aside from the stuff I got today that I posted about earlier, I can also happily say that I discovered a "Full Restoration Book 63-67 Corvette" and saw that my original thought that a Black Interior/Goodwood Green Metallic exterior car needed a white hood stripe was WRONG! The restoration book, and many other places I looked at online, said that the car had a black hood stripe and not a white one. So no worries about the white decals not covering the paint properly. :D

#5698 2000-cvpi

2000-cvpi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Full Name:Corey Sarenius

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

I unloaded my treasure from Craigslist. I looked at each kit carefully, and only four of them have been started, two 1986 Monte Carlos, 49 Mercury and the 72 Chevrolet pickup. I am pretty excited to have gotten these kits for less than five bucks each. I am so giddy I can't stand it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5699 LAone

LAone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Aguilar

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Wow is all I have to say for your score. That 12a twin dizzy rotary, sweet!

#5700 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:56 AM

The orange Toyota Supra from "The Fast And The Furious" for $4 or so. I'm really impressed. It's a nice kit. Gonna ditch the big goofy spoiler and make it look more racing than tuner.