#6602 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Walked out of my favourite yard $45 lighter, bought everything below as well as 5 more steel wheels for my car, 1 for a spare and 4 to paint body color.

GEDC4285.jpg

Pictures of the steel wheels to follow later on, gotta get them off the car there on still ('64 Chrysler 300)

Nick

#6603 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

decided to try out craft paint its ok,perfect shade too
pN72j.jpg
hdVgJ.jpg

#6604 timc

timc

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Cassady

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

What are you gonna clear that with LOWNSLOW?

#6605 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

What are you gonna clear that with LOWNSLOW?

Urethane

#6606 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

First model of 2013 .... it's on it's way from Burbank's House of Hobbies

amt-1963-studebaker-avanti_zps7ca8cb4c.j

Edited by GeeBee, 13 January 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#6607 oter11

oter11

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Full Name:stian h°iby

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

got these from modelexpress:

001-69_zpsa669a51c.jpg

#6608 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

got these from modelexpress:
001-69_zpsa669a51c.jpg

Oh - if k would have seen that figure set...too cool. I saw the car kits on the site but not that other one. A mom and child - first I've seen that (in model form).

#6609 JesseJames

JesseJames

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse James

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

I received my parcel, unfortunately the last one, from Model Express as well last week;

Pic_0109_001_zpsa209c77a.jpg

I also received my parcel from a trade with Ben Barth aka hgbben;

Pic_0114_001_zps5dd8011b.jpg

#6610 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Allen

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I almost had a model today :(   On our trip back from the doctor, we like stopping at the Islands for lunch and Hobby Lobby is right behind the restaurant. That's always a good chance to use my 40%off coupon.

The problem came at check out, five plus minutes in line and none of the six people with full carts in front of me had moved, the cashier was waiting for a price check.

I put my stuff down and left.  I don't go there often as it's that way more times than not ... not sure I'll ever go back there.  WAY too many other places to spend my money.

I feel better now! :P

#6611 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Full Name:James Herald

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Our Hobby Lobby would have had another register open before there was 3 people in line. That's my model store.....cant afford the LHS when their kits are 10-15 bucks more over what the Lobby is asking WITHOUT the coupon.

#6612 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I almost had a model today :(   On our trip back from the doctor, we like stopping at the Islands for lunch and Hobby Lobby is right behind the restaurant. That's always a good chance to use my 40%off coupon.

The problem came at check out, five plus minutes in line and none of the six people with full carts in front of me had moved, the cashier was waiting for a price check.

I put my stuff down and left.  I don't go there often as it's that way more times than not ... not sure I'll ever go back there.  WAY too many other places to spend my money.

I find the one on Bell Rd is just as bad at time,   you think thats bad,  it was a year ago, at the store you were at,  went to get some paint, it was a Saturday, it took 45 minutes for someone to come and open the paint booth up, I can tell you how many times someone was page to open it up,  I can say, after a few emails later, I have never had to wait more then a few minutes at that store since , checking out, yea, thats just as bad, I dont blame you for leaving

I keep meaning to eat at Islands right there , but here mix things about the food

Edited by martinfan5, 14 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#6613 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I find the one on Bell Rd is just as bad at time,   you think thats bad,  it was a year ago, at the store you were at,  went to get some paint, it was a Saturday, it took 45 minutes for someone to come and open the paint booth up, I can tell you how many times someone was page to open it up,  I can say, after a few emails later, I have never had to wait more then a few minutes at that store since , checking out, yea, thats just as bad, I dont blame you for leaving

I keep meaning to eat at Islands right there , but here mix things about the food

We have eaten there many times .. us old folks go to the doctor a lot,lol  The food has always been great although in the past we've had fries that were not real hot.  Anywhere we go, we order the fries without salt, that way you will get fresh ones.

#6614 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

We have eaten there many times .. us old folks go to the doctor a lot,lol  The food has always been great although in the past we've had fries that were not real hot.  Anywhere we go, we order the fries without salt, that way you will get fresh ones.

I wont make comment about old folks :lol: :lol:

#6615 tuffone20

tuffone20

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • Full Name:Marty

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Hey Tom, you can come by my house on the 19th for our club meeting & auction where I'm sure you'll find something you can buy!!!

http://www.moonlight...directions.html

#6616 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hey Tom, you can come by my house on the 19th for our club meeting & auction where I'm sure you'll find something you can buy!!!

http://www.moonlight...directions.html

Oh yeah, I agree with Marty,  you should come by, Marty has a very nice kit collection to shop from :lol: :P ,  but in all seriousness, its for a great cause, all the proceeds from the auction are going to the wife of the club member we lost last month, I hope to see you there.

Edited by martinfan5, 14 January 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#6617 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I go to that same Hobby Lobby every time I got to the Harkens theater across the street. Only seen long lines around the holidays.

#6618 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Forgot to mention...... the Claim Jumper next door is a better place to eat. IMO  : )

#6619 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Forgot to mention...... the Claim Jumper next door is a better place to eat. IMO  : )

You have more money than I have,lol  Actually we have eaten there maybe four times, two of them were not so good.  Are you here on the west side?

Marty, I will try real hard to get there Sat, that's only about a half hour from me.

Thanks for the invite, Tom

#6620 lanesteele240

lanesteele240

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Steen

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

i won and paid for 20 back issues of MCM. :)
will probably get them before my dec issue. :(
111-131. missing 113
8FDC3C53-5E51-4EAB-9CCB-2170C1A4A4FD-939

i feel the pain of all those waiting in line at the hotty lobby (always 5-10 hotties at mine). i just hate it when all the lines are full of peeps buying 34 flower stems, 37 individual wrapped what knots and 7 diffrent rolls of cloth.

Edited by lanesteele240, 14 January 2013 - 04:12 PM.