#8961 retired & glad

retired & glad

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Haas

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I got my first Master airbrush spray booth. Not bad for what I paid for it. Now I don't have to go outside in the cold to paint.

#8962 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,458 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

I also got the new mag in the mail today. And......... it's in perfect condition !  : )

#8963 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,361 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

Got this today from Tokyo.

challenger001_zpse436b578.jpg

Sweet looking boxart Ray looking forward to you building it...

#8964 tbill

tbill

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Full Name:tom billings

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

a 66 elco a 66 wagon and a new build room! my daughter is moving out, so 3/4 of her stuff is out of the room, and 3/4 of my stuff is in the room, lol. hope to have it set up fully by the end of this coming weekend. scored a sweet heavy duty table from work i've had in the garage waiting to go into this room, it's 6' x 3', plenty of build room on it!, and another smaller table to put the paint booth on, and i'll have room for the display case I scored a few weeks ago as well. i'll even be able to get the hoard out of the closet [the wife will be pleased :D ]

#8965 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

I also got my issue today, and I had no idea I even had a subscription!  :o

My lovely wife Pam, after our trip to the Carolina Classic NNL, remembered me saying I could never find the magazine anywhere, and four of my models were photographed at that contest. So being the great wife she is, got me a subscription for our anniversary!

Yup, I've got a great wife, I love ya Pam!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Edited by Custom Mike, 12 November 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#8966 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I also got my issue today, and I had no idea I even had a subscription!  :o

My lovely wife Pam, after our trip to the Carolina Classic NNL, remembered me saying I could never find the magazine anywhere, and four of my models were photographed at that contest. So being the great wife she is, got me a subscription for our anniversary!

Yup, I've got a great wife, I love ya Pam!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Thats cool, you are a lucky man Mike

#8967 Crazy Ed

Crazy Ed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Erbeck Jr.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Had to travel over the hill to Sierra Vista, AZ yesterday for a Tire and discovered there's a Hobby Lobby over there now! OH Boy it's now less than 60 miles to a real Hobby Shop!

#8968 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

Sweet looking boxart Ray looking forward to you building it...

Ray, i have never seen that kit who makes it and who sold it. I had the real thing ('72)!!!!
Joe.

#8969 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,458 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

Hey Joe.  Company is ARII. Looks to be a decent kit but don't know how it will build up. Unlike a lot of kits from Japan this one does have and engine and opening doors. I does however have a less than great interior and chassis. Exhaust molded in and it looks as if at one time the kit was offered motorized. All in all not a great kit but it may build up as a OK display piece. We shall see if I ever get to it.

#8970 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,627 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

IMG_4163-vi.jpg

I found this in the bottom of a junk box at the Liars Show last Saturday. All parts are there, including some of the broken windshield frame. Good news is that both fin tips are intact, which are usually the first thing to go on these.. never been painted or sanded,  price $5  for a decent parts car / rebuilder.

IMG_4161-vi.jpg

1/24 scale Volvo. It's missing a headlight  on the left side but otherwise complete and it's dirty like it's been sitting in a junkyard a while. But who would pass it up for $2?

#8971 KingSix

KingSix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Barrett

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

IMG_4163-vi.jpg

I found this in the bottom of a junk box at the Liars Show last Saturday. All parts are there, including some of the broken windshield frame. Good news is that both fin tips are intact, which are usually the first thing to go on these.. never been painted or sanded,  price $5  for a decent parts car / rebuilder.

IMG_4161-vi.jpg

1/24 scale Volvo. It's missing a headlight  on the left side but otherwise complete and it's dirty like it's been sitting in a junkyard a while. But who would pass it up for $2?

$2 ?? Sweet Deal !! say what you want, Volvo's are kinda cool ...

#8972 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,865 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

I found an got my Vintage Aircraft Series P-47 in 24th scale!!! Got it for only 202 bucks!!(the one RIGHT after mine sold for OVER 400 bucks!!!!!) I'mma HAPPY lil camper NOW!!!!!! Got ALL the 24th scale aircraft I've been lookin for, FINALLY!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;)

#8973 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

SbQnNvP.jpg
kRmJUnK.jpg
33ONF6F.jpg
Z302IDM.jpg
jgjWWop.jpg
Krx5wBL.jpg

#8974 Tompidom

Tompidom

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Full Name:Tom D Ruijter

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

Ooh man those firebird wheels are BAD ASS!!!!!!! ME WANT

#8975 atenzapower

atenzapower

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Full Name:Co Grinwis

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

I finally got one of my holy grail kits I've been looking for to complete my collection of tractor/truck pullers there's one other one call pulldozer made by Amt but its the same truck as the mad mudder but it's even harder to find

Your lucky basterd, :lol: the orange blossem, is an great kit.

#8976 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

After losing out (as in more than I was willing to pay) on a couple of these earlier in 2013, I managed to find this one by accident trying to describe the box art to someone else.  Being the first one I've seen in months, I bid on it on a lark, and committed a little highway robbery in the process as these rarely even start below $20, let alone winning it for less than $15.

Still don't understand why this, and the '58 that proceeded it have never been reissued.

Attached Files

Edited by niteowl7710, 14 November 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#8977 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hey Joe.  Company is ARII. Looks to be a decent kit but don't know how it will build up. Unlike a lot of kits from Japan this one does have and engine and opening doors. I does however have a less than great interior and chassis. Exhaust molded in and it looks as if at one time the kit was offered motorized. All in all not a great kit but it may build up as a OK display piece. We shall see if I ever get to it.

Thanks for that update. I wonder if the body can be pur on revell 70 chassis?

#8978 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

After losing out (as in more than I was willing to pay) on a couple of these earlier in 2013, I managed to find this one by accident trying to describe the box art to someone else.  Being the first one I've seen in months, I bid on it on a lark, and committed a little highway robbery in the process as these rarely even start below $20, let alone winning it for less than $15.

Still don't understand why this, and the '58 that proceeded it have never been reissued.

Cool. Does it have a one piece body like the '58 or a multi like the '60?

Joe.

#8979 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

Cool. Does it have a one piece body like the '58 or a multi like the '60?

Joe.

Despite the Monogram box, this was the "modified" reissue of the 1958 Corvette Revell ProModeler tool.  So it's the new (well late-90's new) tooling, one piece body.  Perhaps it's never been reissued since it was some what of an odd duck (read slow sales) being a new Revell tool, released in 2002, in a Monogram box.  Shades of things to come it can be built as a bone stock '59 or has some flame decals and the large diameter wheels -- prelude to the "California Wheels" marketing line of kits.

Edited by niteowl7710, 14 November 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#8980 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

I like the wheels and tires in that 'Vette kit and the engine...it wasn't a common kit back in that day IIRC.  I remember getting one at my LHS in Colorado Springs right around the time I moved to Denver.