#10461 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts
  • Full Name:James Herald

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

The Ford Probe kit is soooooo ugly...........its kinda cool. lol I remember when it was released. 

#10462 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

IMG_0337-vi.jpg

At the risk of being labeled again,  I will post my latest acquisition.  This is a Premier 1960 Valiant kit that a buddy-0-mine in Arizona  picked up for me.  I already had another two of these, so why did I need another.. well first was the $10 price.  And second...

IMG_0338-vi.jpg

It's molded in a swirl-a-delic plastic.  The other two I have are molded in straight gray plastic. This one is different and cool.  Does anyone do a photo etch kit for this one?

IMG_0339-vi.jpg

and as far as Premier quality... look at these two sides, especially in the window area. Not even close.  Where Johans were done from factory blueprints, Premiers were done from memory!  And you guys have the nerve to complain about today's new models!  B)

So it's just another bit for the grand Valiant collection. Of course I'm not even going to attempt to build it. 

Edited by Tom Geiger, 17 March 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#10463 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,285 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

Tom, I have not seen that kitt before, older then me I am sure. Are they highly collectable??

#10464 Maindrian Pace

Maindrian Pace

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Schnur

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

You should see their '61 Comet wagon...

-MJS

#10465 ToyLvr

ToyLvr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Adams

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

You should see their '61 Comet wagon...

-MJS

And their early Corvair....

#10466 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Jesse, is the Blue Thunder Helicopter kit based on the move Blue Thunder.?? I have not seen that kit before.

It is more based on the T.V. Show 'Blue Thunder", which spun off the movie. But otherwise, it is the same chopper. Just needs a J.A.F.O.! LOL! 

#10467 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

The Ford Probe kit is soooooo ugly...........its kinda cool. lol I remember when it was released. 

Yes, it sure is and so is the Dodge! That is why I bought them both, the ugly kid factor! LOL! I think they are going to be my next type of collection, ugly cars! 

#10468 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,285 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

This came from Model Roundup. I need to get some built before I buy anymore...

AMT-R2-772-2T_zps5a7f19c2.jpg

#10469 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

I got a resin 61 Corvair wagon the other day from a trade deal....its so ugly its cool but need to find more full to mid sized 60s wagons for my collection of wagons.

#10470 ZTony8

ZTony8

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Buglione

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

My haul from last Saturday-From the show in Sylvania I got a Fujimi GT40 and Lamborghini Diablo kit(which,I found out,is a screw together kit,not a gluer or a snapper),a Tamiya Porsche 956,3 Porsche 911 glue bombs,and some carbon fiber decal sheets.

On the way home I stopped at the Model Cave and picked up the Revell Red Bull RB8 (the S.Vettel version which I understand is now sold out),a Heller '03 Citroen Xsara rally car,and some Alclad black base,bright silver base and some ruby red iridescent paint.

#10471 om617

om617

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Full Name:Tommy Olsen

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:33 AM

Did win auction on a Johan "Boss" 68 Cadillac Covertible and 1963 Plymouth Fury Convertible on Ebay.

The Plymouth was just luck because i was certain some other would win,it`s become an tradition lol

#10472 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,125 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:41 AM

IMG_0337-vi.jpg

At the risk of being labeled again,  I will post my latest acquisition.  This is a Premier 1960 Valiant kit that a buddy-0-mine in Arizona  picked up for me.  I already had another two of these, so why did I need another.. well first was the $10 price.  And second...

IMG_0338-vi.jpg

It's molded in a swirl-a-delic plastic.  The other two I have are molded in straight gray plastic. This one is different and cool.  Does anyone do a photo etch kit for this one?

IMG_0339-vi.jpg

and as far as Premier quality... look at these two sides, especially in the window area. Not even close.  Where Johans were done from factory blueprints, Premiers were done from memory!  And you guys have the nerve to complain about today's new models!  B)

So it's just another bit for the grand Valiant collection. Of course I'm not even going to attempt to build it. 

:)

#10473 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

Hey Tom,

I just "won" a Valiant on that famous 'bay site, and it does not look like that.

#10474 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

A rather crusty '62 Vair.

MAMAMeetingMarch152014032_zpsf10a53be.jp

MAMAMeetingMarch152014031_zps1bb0a4f6.jp

The previous owner did not use a lot of glue to install the 'Styline bit's, and it's mostly there. The paint is stubborn, as it was primered, so out came the sanding sticks. I am a little leary of using chemicals on old styrene. The front and roof are cleaned up. If things go well, I should be able to clean up the rear today. I have some Corvair parts in the stash, and I should be able to get this one back up to snuff. A friend of mine had one when I was a kid.

#10475 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

I finally got my Sherline setup. Bought a whole kit with all the tooling,rotary table etc. Can't wait to get it all operational, very excited.

Model 4400 lathe and model 2000 Mill

4-vi.jpg

#10476 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

Tom, I have not seen that kitt before, older then me I am sure. Are they highly collectable??

I paid $10 which may tell ya something!

MVC001F-vi.jpgMVC004F-vi.jpg

The Premier Falcon... Too short, too tall and too narrow. Otherwise it's great!

08_1_b-vi.jpg

DSC00010-vi.jpg

Their excellent Corvair.  No promo contracts here!

MVC004F-vi.jpg

MVC002S-vi.jpg

And the Rambler. Ugly as sin.  I'm surprised these models don't burn holes in their boxes!  But of course I own them, and many more. I find them interesting, and I grab them when I see them cheap.. or free.

Next time guys on the board start some heated debate thread about some miniscule thing on a new kit, I think I'll bomb the thread with these beauties!  :lol:

#10477 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

I've never encountered Premier kits, but I have encountered Palmer.  IMO the critical difference between such atrocities of the past is that those models that were toys aimed at kids while models today are aimed at an adult audience, so the bar for accuracy and quality is much higher. 

As far as the thread subject, I got my Missing Link resin '73 Chevelle yesterday..definitely worth the wait, a very nice piece.

#10478 ChrisBcritter

ChrisBcritter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Brame

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

They have arrived:

13093203963_fc767f7395_c.jpg

From ebay, I got some decent used wheelcovers and a used bumper/grille for the Continental, which is starting to regain its dignity after being dismantled and getting a purple bath:

13258467334_f24bd9de0a_c.jpg

Quarter panels are still an issue; compare it to a tired but uncut '62 body:

13258254613_786c07bac0_c.jpg

I'm watching another unpainted convertible body with a broken windshield frame; if I get it cheap I'll clip it from the rear doors back to make one good body.

#10479 Greg Cullinan

Greg Cullinan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Full Name:GREG

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:26 AM

I paid $10 which may tell ya something!

MVC001F-vi.jpgMVC004F-vi.jpg

The Premier Falcon... Too short, too tall and too narrow. Otherwise it's great!

08_1_b-vi.jpg

DSC00010-vi.jpg

Their excellent Corvair.  No promo contracts here!

MVC004F-vi.jpg

MVC002S-vi.jpg

And the Rambler. Ugly as sin.  I'm surprised these models don't burn holes in their boxes!  But of course I own them, and many more. I find them interesting, and I grab them when I see them cheap.. or free.

Next time guys on the board start some heated debate thread about some miniscule thing on a new kit, I think I'll bomb the thread with these beauties!  :lol:

Scrolling down on my phone I see box for 61 Falcon,get excited,then wham! That thing😄

#10480 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

my traxx

dHvhsJB.jpg

Q43lqgR.jpg