#11461 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Some purist would consider that box ruined, but I think most of us think it adds to the history!  Love it!

And what did I get today?  A final notice collections call on a car loan!  They want the car dropped off or will come and repossess it. Thankfully my name isn't Mohammed and I don't have any car loans.  

Wrong number on the house phone that is attached to my alarm system.  We had never used that phone (use cells exclusively) until I started working from home. Now I have a phone hooked to it for dial out conference calls.  It rings all the time with pest calls.

#11462 jwrass

jwrass

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Full Name:James W Rasmussen

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Another Tommy Grove, Bounty Hunter, A.B Judge, Kandies & Hughes. $14 ea at Hobby Lobby.

#11463 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

Wrong number on the house phone that is attached to my alarm system.

Tom, I'm in the Alarm industry, and I can tell you, unless that phone is part of a business and you can write it off on your taxes, get rid of it and go with a cellular communicator. When you figure in the cost of monitoring for your alarm system, add in the monthly cost for the phone line. It usually ends up in the $70-$80 dollar a month range with a phone line. We charge $30 a month for a cellular communicator, saving most customers at least $40 a month!

#11464 racedriver25

racedriver25

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Travis

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

Good question, Bob. I Googled the name and also saw that they were still around. It would certainly be interesting to know!

Yep still around , I live about 20 minutes away from that shop and go there on occasion... but it is mostly train stuff not too much in the way of plastic kits anymore.

#11465 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:59 AM

I picked up a couple of 77,78 Trans Am kits at a garage sale for the disabled builders group yesterday for 10.oo!

#11466 checkmate

checkmate

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Burns

Posted Yesterday, 03:08 AM

I picked up a couple of 77,78 Trans Am kits at a garage sale for the disabled builders group yesterday for 10.oo!

Great score. :)

#11467 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,329 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 AM

I was poking around a friend of mines barn this morning and I came across what turned out to be the front 2 cylinders of a ford 289 V8 that had been cut off as a demonstration prop. crank turns, cam turns, pistons go up and down, valves open and shut, gears mesh and various other mechanical wonders ensue. hand crank welded to the front of the crankshaft. water passages painted blue and most of the rest left bare metal. mounted to a nice compact stand made from a brake drum. turns over with a little muscle; I think with some WD40 or TriFlow, it should spin around nicely. Koolest thing I ever saw. he said a teacher at the local college gave it to him 20 years ago or so and its just sat there since. made in the 60s as a class project in auto shop. weighs about 200 lbs so I am going back tomorrow or Friday with my truck and fetch it...will post some pics when I do. all of 50$ takes it away.

jb

#11468 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,367 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 AM

Tom, I'm in the Alarm industry, and I can tell you, unless that phone is part of a business and you can write it off on your taxes, get rid of it and go with a cellular communicator. When you figure in the cost of monitoring for your alarm system, add in the monthly cost for the phone line. It usually ends up in the $70-$80 dollar a month range with a phone line. We charge $30 a month for a cellular communicator, saving most customers at least $40 a month!

Thanks for the info Mike.  I did have the phone there initially for the alarm system when I moved here 4 years ago.  This past year, I am now doing consulting work from home and use that as my conference line so I don't rack up minutes on my cell, and so I can use a decent speaker phone on it.  So this year I will write it off 100%.