#1 PistonDog

PistonDog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Full Name:Jim Smith

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

For those of you that have seen this during construction, here is the finished product. This kit had multiple coats of black paint over a bubbly yellow coat of paint. Body was stripped with easy off cleaner and painted plum crazy purple. Engine is wired and interior flocked (by my 8 year old daughter). She went crazy with it , but I think the interior looks good. This kit fought me every step of the way. I mean literally every step of the way ( I guess that's how you become a better modeler). The crushed pillars would not straighten. However, it turned out to be a nice shelf model that I built with my daughter, She is proud as I am of her. She is getting more and more interested in this hobby and I am trying to keep it fun for her (budding modeler). My next kit is going to be a nice quick box stock build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking....comments welcome

Jimmy

#2 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Nice save, sits nice and low and sleek. Did u adjust any of the suspension to get it to sit-down? Looking good.

#3 PistonDog

PistonDog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Since it is an old kit (read rear wheel metal axle) I had to forgo the rear shocks and flattened the springs. The front suspension (pivot arms? for poseable steering) was cut 50% to drop it in the weeds. I should have dusted the window as flock got stuck to it as I dust-offed the desk. Its clean now.

#4 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

A great father-daughter project. I hope she stays interested, at least until boys take over :rolleyes:

#5 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Since it is an old kit (read rear wheel metal axle) I had to forgo the rear shocks and flattened the springs. The front suspension (pivot arms? for poseable steering) was cut 50% to drop it in the weeds. I should have dusted the window as flock got stuck to it as I dust-offed the desk. Its clean now.

Right on i have this on the to-do list for probably mid Feb. so that's good info. Thank you.

#6 Duntov

Duntov

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Lucianno

"Mi sono perso"

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

This is cool.... you don't see one of these every day!!!

#7 PistonDog

PistonDog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the kind words , my daughter took them to heart and is amped to do the next model!!!!