#21 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Full Name:Renato Lescano

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

At very least I really would like just the lower front clip....I think the Interceptor would look cool with the front intact...I know its not accurate to the movie...but i think it would look Bad A$$

#22 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thanks Renato, I have managed to pick up a set here in Australia.

I agree it would be easier if Aoshima gave us the choose, but I think it has some thing to do with licensing

from the chap who owns the 1:1 MM1

There's a guy that owns the actual Interceptor from the movie? I thought it was destroyed at the end of The Road Warrior? I know there's a lot of replicas but I thought the only actual movie cars that were left were wrecks in Broken Hill?

#23 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

After doing a little reading the Interceptor was sold a few times and apparently resides in a collectors museum in Florida. They had offered it for sale after Mad Max and had no takers so the car was modified and used in The Road Warrior. After that it was sold to a collector.

#24 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ok...so the front clip was designed by Peter Arcadipane which made front clips for the Falcon..its was listed as Falcon Nosecone $212.75.. .It was offered as aftermarket that you could order from a catalogue. Peter also designed the trunk spoiler.... Can Aoshima get permission from Peter to produce the front clip?...and sell it as aftermarket part....separate from the Interceptor kit ....the rest of the car (bonnet, rear glass, trunk lid and comparment is from Ford. problem solved?

Edited by samurai7, 09 January 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#25 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Ooooooooh, I want one of these!!!!!!!!!! Can't afford 175.00 right now though :( That's what the last one sold for! Only 11 were made. http://www.johnspang...ms/madmax1.html

#26 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

There's a guy that owns the actual Interceptor from the movie? I thought it was destroyed at the end of The Road Warrior? I know there's a lot of replicas but I thought the only actual movie cars that were left were wrecks in Broken Hill?

There were two cars...the original was used as the "Hero" car for close ups and interior shots...the second was for all the the stunt driving shots which was wrecked at the end of MMRW.   From what I read they were both sent to scrap...but the guys at the scrap yard couldn't bare to destroy the Hero car...it sat .....then one them decided to take home.....and then..... it got passed to a different guy who rebulit it....etc ..etc

On a separate note....for those who are building the MM2 car with detailed engine....are you guys putting in the cleveland and mount the blower above it like the real movie car....or are you going to make a "working blower" set up?

Edited by samurai7, 09 January 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#27 KevinMoparFord

KevinMoparFord

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Wallenhorst

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

[attachment=29103:MadMaxMonstersinMotion1.JPG][attachment=29105:MadMaxMonstersinMotion2.JPG]I any one wants to trade, and is not afraid, and I mean afraid of some not so great resin kits, I have two I would trade.  The orange colored one is the monsters in motion one, the off white one is an ebay purchase from someone in CA that I think copied the monsters in motion one.  Both are from first movie.  Would trade for regular kits, maybe 2 for each one.

#28 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Ok i agree with Low n Slow i too would try my hand at casting my kit from afx but i would have issues with doing it .

tho i woll be doing it for the three aoshima kits i have .

ANd those Monster in Motion kits are scary i have one and the planet x ones also .

for more info on the world's baddest Azz cop car go to Mad Max Movies .com

this site will tell all about the car and the original restorer of the interceptor. Bob Fursenko.

I know if i ever hit the lottery i will have a replica and do my best to have the real one too

Michael

#29 Plasticfanatic

Plasticfanatic

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Perez

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

If I have the kit body am willing to do the conversion to the fists movie car and send it to a caster willing to do them in a REASONABLE TIMEFRAME to sell to fellow Mad Max car enthusiasts..my only payment..an resin copy..only one!!!...THE problem is FINDING the Aoshima plastic kit at a reasonable price to start with!!! And a resin caster willing to mold it and sell them.

#30 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:Phil de la Cour

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

there's a set for sale on ebay now http://www.ebay.com/...=item416fd81dba

#31 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

If I have the kit body am willing to do the conversion to the fists movie car and send it to a caster willing to do them in a REASONABLE TIMEFRAME to sell to fellow Mad Max car enthusiasts..my only payment..an resin copy..only one!!!...THE problem is FINDING the Aoshima plastic kit at a reasonable price to start with!!! And a resin caster willing to mold it and sell them.

Aoshima is re-releasing this interceptor kit with photo-etch...It's selling on Hobby Link Japan for regular price...don't pay the ridiculous prices on e-bay....It's not a rare kit anymore.

Edited by samurai7, 13 January 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#32 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

there's a set for sale on ebay now http://www.ebay.com/...=item416fd81dba

Thanks for telling the whole world...I was going to bid on that..BUT!!!..The caster is selling this one at time...He won't allow you to "BUY NOW" ......to milk it. And He won't put more than one up at a time. He hopes to drive the bidding high every time he brings these out. You think its a Rare item but its not...by the end of auction you will realize that you paid way too much....you guys can fight for it...Im out

Edited by samurai7, 13 January 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#33 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for telling the whole world...I was going to bid on that..BUT!!!..

Such is life. Sorry. He was doing them as a buy it now awhile back, $20, that's how I aquired mine.

#34 samurai7

samurai7

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Such is life. Sorry. He was doing them as a buy it now awhile back, $20, that's how I aquired mine.

$20!!!!. For Less than half a car!.....Thats not even a full conversion like..... Where's rear glass and...fog lights? ...How do YOU feel that its up for $8.99?. Hopefully Aoshima will find that LOOPHOLE and sell an upgrade set for "FORD FALCONS"...and allow us ALL to make the MM1 conversion...(as upgrade set..separate from the car kit).....And shut this guy down........FOREVER

Edited by samurai7, 13 January 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#35 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

$20!!!!. For Less than half a car!.....Thats not even a full conversion like..... Where's rear glass and...fog lights? ...How do YOU feel that its up for $8.99?. Hopefully Aoshima will find that LOOPHOLE and sell an upgrade set for "FORD FALCONS"...and allow us ALL to make the MM1 conversion...(as upgrade set..separate from the car kit).....And shut this guy down........FOREVER

20$ was worth it, If i cast the front bumper to convert my other one into a MM2 ill ask 9$ for it

#36 Frank

Frank

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

there's a set for sale on ebay now http://www.ebay.com/...item416fd81dbay

These are also not a complete conversion, there is no back seat part.

#37 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Don't want to burst any bubbles but that is the same kit i have and there is a back seat . It is the piece at the top with two divots on it .

Michael

#38 Yahshu

Yahshu

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's not the complete back seat, a back seat is made up of 2 parts, the back rest & the bum rest, this set only has the bum rest, no back rest.

#39 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

These are also not a complete conversion, there is no back seat part.

weird i think the one i got had a back seat

#40 kruleworld

kruleworld

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Full Name:Walter Strider

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

It's not the complete back seat, a back seat is made up of 2 parts, the back rest & the bum rest, this set only has the bum rest, no back rest.

The bottom of the seat is still in the aoshima kit, molded to the interior floor. it's a pity because for an accurate RW car, you need to remove the rear seat bottom. (i just turned it upside-down, so it looks like a floor).