#21 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

Nice save Steve! It's always better to restore them rather than let them lay in a box or worse, get thrown away. Does Micro Mark make a photo etch set with a '60 grille?

#22 RancheroSteve

RancheroSteve

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Roullier

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Does Micro Mark make a photo etch set with a '60 grille?

No, the MicroMark kit is just a system for making your own photoetch parts - you have to design the parts yourself. If you search the board, there is a long thread discussing the use of this kit.

#23 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,104 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Fine fine fine. Love to see one brought back so well.

#24 Florent

Florent

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Full Name:Florent Beauchemin

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:28 AM

Hello Steve,

You really saved this glue bomb and made a very nice little car with it. You have put a lot of details under the hood. It looks like a real car. Nice paint and nice body work (the most difficult part).

I fould your page when I was looking on the net for pictures of 1960 Falcons. I stopped on the pictures (Google Images) of the car when you got it as a glue bomb and a thick coat of paint. I told myself that I had to register to this website and contact you, I just have done it this morning.

It is very funny because years ago I bought also an old 1/25 scale 1960 Falcon assembled kit and It was also a real mess, a total glue bomb with also the same kind of scoop on it. My Falcon had longer fender skirts reaching almost the back bumper and I thought it had a drag parachute in the back but when I saw your model I told myself that it was in fact a false continental kit like yours because the back panel and edge of trunk cover were plenty of glue on a wide portion of the back. The car had plenty of custom parts heavily glued on it. I had bouth the model something like 12 years ago and started to work on it when I received it so I forgot some details like mixing a parachute and a false wheel. The model was so damaged that, after lots of breaking custom parts to remove them, scraping the rest of plastic parts and glue, I lost hope to save it...after dropping it on the floor and breaking the roof off completely as the plastic was dried and crispy crunch... but years later, some 2 and a half years ago I decided to cut a brand new Ranchero and use more of an half of it and take the back of the Falcon and make a new Falcon with both cars. I recently created a page on my website to put the story on the web with pictures of the work.

I had boutht this '60 Falcon to make a Stock Car racer, Late model Sportsman or Modified class race car. I have done extensive work on it, not only on the body but I still add pictures and texts on the page. In fact I took over 200 pictures of the whole thing up to date but put only a few up to date with lot of text. I am thinking to put the rest of the pictures to give a more general idea of the work. The car is turning very good, still an unfinished project but lot of work have been done.

You will see how I am crazy by looking at my page, for sure, I am crazy, no doubt about that :

http://montrealminia...m/?page_id=1629

#25 mr moto

mr moto

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Full Name:Manuel J. Martinez

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:06 AM

I love that! And I really appreciate seeing people bring back an old glue bomb. It's kind of like preserving a precious natural resource. :D

#26 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:39 AM

Steve,

Your resurrection is excellent. I have an old restoration project to do, which was an old '63 Falcon Convertible.

2005_1204Dec2005Projects0009.jpg

2005_1204Dec2005Projects0010.jpg

I added a set of Modelhaus '64 Falcon Wire Wheel Covers.  It's in primer, and is ready for paint and re-assembly. Now I have to find a '63 Ford Color to paint it.

#27 seeker589

seeker589

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:30 AM

Nice build! Great save!

Now if I could only start on my original glue bomb Grumpy's toy 70 Camaro!

#28 bondo bill

bondo bill

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Full Name:bill ingreham

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:01 AM

cool-you should be a goalie great save

#29 Chromecop

Chromecop

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Full Name:Darryl O Möllheden

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

Very nice save!

#30 Helix

Helix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Hincks

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

Real nice Steve!

#31 Jeremy Jon

Jeremy Jon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • Full Name:Jeremy Jon

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

Fantastic build Steve, super clean Falcon with 5.0L Windsor, Love it!  :)