#1 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I found this photo in a google search, it's stuffed in the bay of the Revell Shinoda boss kit. That engine isn't native to that kit though. I was curious if anyone knew if this intake setup came in any kits or is this a custom piece? The location i found it on seems to be dormant for some time for me to ask..

Attached File  SHINODA1.jpg   71.01KB   32 downloads

#2 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

That almost looks like a Johan Boss 429 from one of the Boss Hoss or Pinto funny car kits but with a modern style intake. At first I thought is was the modern 4.6 or 5.4 mod motor but the valve covers aren't long enough and they have the raised areas that are characteristic of the 429.

EDIT: Nope, the Johan parts are way better and more detailed than those, they must be from some AMT/MPC annual kit. Some of those have pretty basic looking pieces and these are a little soft looking.

Edited by Fat Brian, 21 November 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#3 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for the info , looks pretty stout in there. Appreciate it.

#4 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,912 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

I've never seen those specific valve covers, but I'm with Brian- it does appear to be a '69/70 Boss 429 with a late-model EFI retrofit.

#5 topher5150

topher5150

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Full Name:Kristopher Hop

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

I was surfing the inter webs and found this tid-bit from Mustangs, and Fords Magazine.
"Anyone looking for a sign ast to what the most revered Ford V-8 of all time might be should look at the '94 Boss Mustang built by Roush Racing and Ford's Special Vehicle Engineering (SVE). The car was the brainchild of SVE chief John Coletti, in response to a big-block Chevy-powered Camaro from GM "skunkworks." Masterfully engineered, the Boss motor was based on a tall deck aluminum AR block, Ar heads, and measured a positively massive 604 cubes! It dyno'd 670 hp and 700 lb-ft, and ran 10.80s at 125mph-unbelievably with 2.73 gear! Dig that one-off fuel injection setup."

http://www.mustangan...g/photo_08.html

Edited by topher5150, 27 November 2012 - 11:17 AM.