#1 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hi Guy's OK i'm thinking about getting one of these , for vary light plastic jobs . it sure will bet using a drill , dose anyone on this forums have one ? reviwe .

#2 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Unimat 1's are getting pretty hard to find I think--seeing as how that series of lathe (if I am thinking the right Unimat model here) pretty much went away about 20-25 years ago, perhaps making accessories hard to find for it. IIRC, you are referring to the early style Unimat, which had round, tubular ways, which lacked the stiffness of solid milled ways.

Art

#3 dptydawg

dptydawg

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I've had a Unimat 1 for several years now. It works fine with plastic and wood. its suposed to turn soft metal but I've never had a great deal of success. I was using mine this afternoon to turn out a straight bore fire nozel. Strangely enough I recieveed an email today from the Unimat dealer with his Christmas specials. This is the link to Unimat
www.unimat-1.com

I hope this is useful
Carl

#4 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Like I was saying ,I know it's for light duty work and that's all I need it to do. I think plastic will be fine.

#5 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

I've had a Unimat 1 for several years now. It works fine with plastic and wood. its suposed to turn soft metal but I've never had a great deal of success. I was using mine this afternoon to turn out a straight bore fire nozel. Strangely enough I recieveed an email today from the Unimat dealer with his Christmas specials. This is the link to Unimat
www.unimat-1.com

I hope this is useful
Carl

Thanks Carl that's sound grate , it will be a good starting point for me.