I originally didn’t do the rear part of the frame that attaches the axle to the frame correctly (originally, I had it solder to the frame and after some more research, I realized that there were two billet pieces that attached to the frame and that the axle slid through. Since the original version had this piece soldered to it, I had to find some channel stock for the piece to bolt into and then I had to machine the billet pieces. During this process, I had to try making them symmetrical so I had to use my tilting table with my vise. The funny thing with machining (and cool thing actually), is that in many cases there are two or more ways to approach things. My way is only my way and not necessarily the correct way, but I use the best way that I know.
The first version on in brass soldered to the frame:
For the billet version, I started by milling down blocks to then machine each set. Then I proceeded to machine:
The final product sans the tapped holes for the bolts:
Edited by ScrappyJ, 28 November 2012 - 03:18 AM.