#21 Funkster

Funkster

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Funck

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Well I would By the old Chrysler plant and make an auto restortion shop out of it. Second I would buy the old Home Depot store for the cars that I restore(all Mopar's). Pay off all my bills and live life to its fullest.

#22 moparmagiclives

moparmagiclives

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Full Name:Shane Moore

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

I would probably end up broke and divorced, living on the street somewhere. Telling story's of all the things I had and how it all got ripped off by so and so , and poor me this or that... So I don't think I will plan on winning this one. You guys and go ahead and take.

#23 peter31a

peter31a

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Full Name:Peter McDonald

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

RETIRE! I'll figure the rest out later. None of this "oh I'll do this and this and this but I'll keep working" nonsense you hear from so many big lottery winners.

Edited by peter31a, 25 November 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#24 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

I'd hire a bunch of people and pay them good money with benefits to just sit all day calling up and harassing the bill collectors that have been doing that to me! :lol:

#25 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Well as for me...

I would build a new primary residence home that is completely handicap accessible to help my disabled wife. And to make it so her disabled dad can come to our house to visit. We live in a raised ranch and he can't come to our house bcause he can't get in it in his electric chair.

I would give a huge chunk of it to each of my 4 kids.

I would give another chunk to each of my 3 grandkids so they could go to whichever college they choose and have a good start on life.

I would donate a chunk to the Reason to Ride committee that I'm a member of. We have a bike run every June where all the monies raised go to help veterans who have fallen on hard times. Except we only have just so much cash and can't help very many with very much!

I would purchase a home in Key West, another one somewhere in the mountains of Vermont, another one in the mountains of Colorado and any others in any other location I chose!

I would build a swimming pool for my high school. When we built the new school a few years ago the pool got axed because of the cost...and rightly so. But with free money the pool could be built.

I would build a theater in my town for play groups to put on quality productions. And call it The Sumner Playhouse. It would be cool to have my name on something in town to leave as a legacy...

I would see if I could become partners with Teddy Marsh of Marsh Racing and go to all the Grand Am races around the country as part owner!

Yes...it is nice to dream. But in order to dream you have to spend 3 bucks...the cost of the ticket. No ticket...no dream!

#26 LDO

LDO

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

Crazy airplanes, like a modern 2-seat jet fighter and pay someone to fly me around in it. Then I'd commission someone to build me a replica of Miss AshleyII. She was a racer with an all-new P-51 replica fuselga, Lear jey wings, and Rolls-Royce Griffon engine and contra props. Then I'd get really crazy and commission a replica TA-152H, a long-wing, high-altitude version of the FW-190. It would need a Jumo 213 engine (inverted V-12. A Merlin or Griffon just wouldn't look right) so I'd have some of those built, too. (Gotta let others in on the V-12 FW-190 fun).

Then there's cars. Oh my, the cars. I think I would have a Duesenberg for a daily driver. A Figoni & Falaschi Delahaye or two, a Ferrari 275GTB, 288GTO, 512TR, 550 & 575 Maranello. Hmmm...some oddball stuff like a twin-supercharged Ferrari V-12 powered roadster; imagine '27 T meets '70s F-1 for the body. Induction setup would be like that old Ferrari-powered boat, but with an intercooler in the intake manifold. What else...what else? Ooh. Yeah- another oddball powerplant. This one inspired by the BRM H-16. Get a pair of cranks for the Hayabusa-based V-8 and build a 6 liter Hayabusa- based H-16 in a rear engine car that's '27 T meets early '60s F-1.

Motorcycles...with oddball powerplants! A few years ago, a bike builder cut the transmission off a Honda CB550 engine and turned it sideways into a custom frame. It resembled an old Indian longitudinal inline-4. Do the same thing, but start with a CBX engine. Inline-6 chopper! Then, outdo Morbidelli. Build a bike with a 1.5liter V-12 and tiny bundle of snakes exhaust. EFI induction that looks like 6 tiny Webers. It would make the most incredible "tapocka,tapocka,tapocka" sound.

#27 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

I would become like all rich people and buy a lot of real cars and houses and stop paying my taxes.

#28 bogger44

bogger44

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Kielbasa

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I'd pay off all my bills and give a bunch to my ma and stepdad so they could retire. I'd hand out some to other family members as well. Set up some sort of interest bearing account and throw a good chunk into it. Then I'd live my dream and buy up some acreage in the Black Hills of South Dakota and put up a modest size log home with LARGE garage and start up my musclecar collection.....69 Mach 1 428SCJ, '70 Buick GSX, 70 Road Runner or GTX, 66 Fairlane 427, 70 Torino Cobra, 70 or 71 442 W-30. I'd also have to have a built-up first gen Bronco, as well as a Scout ii and a Jeep Wrangler or two. The money would also finally allow me to do a ground up restoration on my '79 F250 4x4. I'd do a lot of travelling as well, mostly in the grand 'ol American west.

Truthfully though, the first thing I'm sure I'd do is tell my boss to "Take this job and shove it...." :P

#29 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,782 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Give my kids a million each. No more... don't want to spoil them! :lol:

Invest most of the rest in real estate, buy as many income producing properties as I can. Put a part of it in the bank so I could live off the interest alone. And invest the rest in guaranteed return financial products. (small return but guaranteed, vs. stocks, potentially larger return but no guarantees, plus possible loss of principal).

My plan would be to leverage the winnings into income-producing properties that could be handed down to my kids and become their "career" if they wanted it. Or they can sell off the properties and do whatever they want with the money.

#30 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

Dad has the best idea, take it in a lump sum and move to Austraila for a few years to get away from all our new "relatives" ;)

Then;

Next would be bank accounts, spread over different banks local just in case something goes wrong with one of the banks, the other money is safe.
Pay off all of our bills
Get my folks a new Town and Country and Dad a SRT8 Grand Cherokee
My Sister a Hemi Challenger
Probably end up with a Jay Leno like car collection.......but maybe without the more expensive cars.
Get myself a house in the middle of nowhere with a huge garage/shop
Buy my folks a place in Branson and do something to fix up their house here
Get my sister her own place
make sure there's money set aside to pay for all of those properties

#31 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

start a new model company

#32 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Give my kids a million each. No more... don't want to spoil them! :lol:

Invest most of the rest in real estate, buy as many income producing properties as I can. Put a part of it in the bank so I could live off the interest alone. And invest the rest in guaranteed return financial products. (small return but guaranteed, vs. stocks, potentially larger return but no guarantees, plus possible loss of principal).

My plan would be to leverage the winnings into income-producing properties that could be handed down to my kids and become their "career" if they wanted it. Or they can sell off the properties and do whatever they want with the money.

You know harry....WE MAY BE DISTANCE RELATIVES?! :D ...For Great Minds Think Alike -My grandmother!...I can definitly help you there harry ...for maybe consider a "Business Partnership"?...

Sean Brady
Bandit Properties O/O B)

#33 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts
  • Full Name:Eelco Egelmeer

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Pay the taxes on it and use whats left to pay my daughters student loans down, I don't think it would be enough to pay them all off.

thats where im at with the wife

#34 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

After retaining a lawyer to act as my representative and protect my privacy, I would....

1. Make sure my family and my closest friends never need to worry about anything again through tax-advantaged gift structuring.
2. Set up an investment account for myself to provide some amount of income for me.
3. Purchase large quantities of income and residential real estate, for my own use and for rent or charitable needs (e.g.: emergency shelter for people who need it with some qualifications.)
4. Buy some toys- some cars, perhaps get a pilot's license and purchase a Piper Cub or similar classic light plane, and a private passenger car and some cool antique diesel locomotive and have a licensed engineer on retainer for when I wish to travel.
5. Start several businesses. The best charity is to make people less dependent on charity by giving them meaningful, decent work.
6. Start the high school I'm designing as my M.Ed. thesis- an eight-year program with professional training going from 7th grade to Senior year with two years extra to train students in various professional occupations.
7. Substantially fund several charitable causes that are important to me, particularly several charities sponsored by the Masons, several historical foundations and a few Armenian things.
8. Find ways to improve life for as many people as I can.
9. Run for Governor of Massachusetts and possibly run for President later. With that much money, NOBODY can or will buy me.
10. Enjoy life a little.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie Larkin

#35 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Taunt children and mock poor people with it. Then give a big stack to Warren Buffet and Donald Trump because good ol' boys need to take care of each other.

#36 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

I'd hire a bunch of people and pay them good money with benefits to just sit all day calling up and harassing the bill collectors that have been doing that to me! :lol:

Brilliant! I think that's one of the best ideas I've seen!

start a new model company

I seriously have a business plan ready. If I hit it, I'm doing it. If you hit, we need to talk.

Charlie Larkin

#37 58 Impala

58 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I would help my family and a few close friends, donate a bunch to charity and then do everything in my power to minimize the amount of money the rotten greedy useless government could get their hands on. Screw redistribution on their terms.

#38 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I would help my family and a few close friends, donate a bunch to charity and then do everything in my power to minimize the amount of money the rotten greedy useless government could get their hands on. Screw redistribution on their terms.

I like your idea, too.

Charlie Larkin

#39 Kris Morgan

Kris Morgan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Full Name:Kris Morgan

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

Pay off the bills. Buy a new Challanger or, Charger for the wife (plum crazy). Hook up some of my closest peeps. I would then buy a little cabin somewhere and, do nothing for about 6-8 months while everything sank in.

#40 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Simple; get a new set of arm rests for my truck, get a Lincoln Electric Mig Welder, and if I'm feeling really spendy, buy a 2 bay Heated Garage with enough ceiling clearance for a Ammco two-post hoist.

Nick