#22 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,793 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Happy birthday Dave! We share the same birthday, but I have a couple of years on you!

#23 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

I'm speaking from over 37 wonderful years of marriage. Even though she may not share in your hobby, if she truly loves you she may even buy you something for it to show her support some day. It's kind of a reward system. Don't give up! You may even find she has an equal hobby like reading or something. Good luck!

#24 truckaddict

truckaddict

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Full Name:Al Samms

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

remind her to take a nap and then sneak off to the workbench for an hour.   noone tell my wife my trick!!

#25 Daddyfink

Daddyfink

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Full Name:Jesse Chavez

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

marriage-funny-humor-chick-whip-demotiva

Just messin' with ya! Congrats!

#26 johnbuzzed

johnbuzzed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts
  • Full Name:John "the Buzzard" Buzzerio

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

After 37 years of marriage, I have learned that it is a compromise in all aspects.  I don't make the chili too spicy and she doesn't make the tomato sauce too chunky.  We went to two out-of-town model contests this year; they were overnight stays with some "shopping" thrown in.  You gotta have an open mind and keep it open and you have to learn when to use tact and diplomacy.  Good luck, Dave; I hope all goes well for you and your loved ones :) .

#27 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Black

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

After 37 years of marriage, I have learned that it is a compromise in all aspects.  I don't make the chili too spicy and she doesn't make the tomato sauce too chunky.  We went to two out-of-town model contests this year; they were overnight stays with some "shopping" thrown in.  You gotta have an open mind and keep it open and you have to learn when to use tact and diplomacy.  Good luck, Dave; I hope all goes well for you and your loved ones :) .

My friend, I have only been marrried four years.  And if I have learned ANYTHING, it is that "shopping" is thrown into EVERYTHING when you are married.  :lol:  So, Dave, make sure to be ready to be used as a coat hanger on a regular basis lol.

Edited by Skydime, 06 December 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#28 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

My wife always wants me to sit and watch silly TV shows with her.  The good part is that she falls asleep within 15 minutes.  So I either hit the computer or model room at that point.  I've come back an hour or two later and she never knew I left!

#29 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Well after five years of dating I think it is time for me to cowboy up and marry her

Well after five years of dating I think it is time for me to cowboy up and marry her

#30 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

Congrats Dave!...   When me and my wife got together she did not understand my passion for building but she understands it also keeps me out of trouble too so she is fine with it.   You still will build its just she and her son will need time from you too...its all in how you balance things.   It might take you all some time to find the right balance you you all but you will.   Besides you can make a builder out of him too and have time together to bond.