A lot of it depends on what kind of cars you want to build. Lots of 30s cars available in 1/16. 1/12 has the Airfix Blower Bentley that requires a certain amount of adding detail, the Monogram 1/8 kits including the Jaguar E-Type, Camaros, Corvette, etc., lots of Tamiya 1/12 Porsche race versions, 1/12 240Z, look on eBay for Tamiya 1/12 Caterhams, and I think Tamiya is coming out with a 1/12 Porsche Carrera GT along the lines of your Enzo. Also many large-scale F1 cars.
You may have to look on eBay for many of them. Only a few large-scale, high-detail kits issued in the last 2-3 years, including the Lola T70, Trumpeter Ford GT40, Revell Mustang GT, and Airfix Blower Bentley reissue. Level of detail varies but, of course, large scale makes it easier to add your own detail.
Here is Tamiya's description of the upcoming Porsche Carrera GT:
This is a 1/12 scale premium assembly model kit of the Porsche Carrera GT. Assembly of the delicately curved body follows that of the full-size car. Durable die-cast suspension arms are combined with working dampers and stabilizers for real-action suspension. Metal-hinged doors, hood and rear cowl open realistically to display the fully detailed interior and V10 engine. The rear wing pops up to the extended position when the license plate is pressed, while the hard-top can be removed and stored under the hood to show off the convertible style of the Porsche.
Specs and Features
- This is an assembly kit version of Item 23206 1/12 Porsche Carrera GT Semi-Assembled Premium Model.
- Under panel, front trunk, and suspension arms are made from durable die-cast metal parts.
- Under panel part is pre-painted.
- Vinyl tubing depicts ignition cords, brake cables, etc.
- Photo-etched parts are included to depict mesh covers.
- Metal transfers depict emblem and rearview mirror surfaces.
- Decals, masking stickers, and seatbelt material included.
- 2 types of screwdrivers are included for easy assembly of some parts.
Edited by sjordan2, 01 December 2012 - 08:27 AM.