#41 Rob McKee

Rob McKee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Full Name:Rob McKee

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

It would be a shame if they disappeared from the market.

I just love the 66 Chevelle kit. Whenever I see a decent price on that auction site I grab it. I actually found one on there yesterday for $12 plus shipping.

I also like their 61 Impala kit.

They have some great kits they could re-issue that would create some good cash flow for them.

#42 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,030 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

oh yeah nice box art too. i like how they photoshopped that ray-ban dude into the pilots seat of their lame buggy complete with seams down the center of the vinyl tires. classic.

On the other hand, at least they had the decency airbrush the seams away during that same Photoshop session- at least you'll now you're expecting them.

#43 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

It would be a shame if they disappeared from the market.

I just love the 66 Chevelle kit. Whenever I see a decent price on that auction site I grab it. I actually found one on there yesterday for $12 plus shipping.

I also like their 61 Impala kit.

They have some great kits they could re-issue that would create some good cash flow for them.

Speaking of their Impala, I have one of their "Round" windshield versions. I'm wondering what I can do with it?

#44 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Greg, I'd be happy to remove it from your hands, that is one of their best kits, and I could use another one....round windshield or not!. ;)

#45 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

I don't think I've ever seen one of the error Impalas..the ones I have were the corrected later issues.

#46 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,030 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

I don't think I've ever seen one of the error Impalas..the ones I have were the corrected later issues.

Same here. What's the deal with the 'round' windshield?

#47 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Speaking of their Impala, I have one of their "Round" windshield versions. I'm wondering what I can do with it?

Use the body for painting practice; use the undercarriage for a resin body.

Charlie Larkin

#48 Rob McKee

Rob McKee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

I haven't seen one of those either.

#49 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

One can't blame Lindberg for not trying hard. For a good few years, they put in a bigger effort than all other American kit producers combined at the time.

They filled a long gasping gap with their excellent '53 Fords and with their 60s Mopars they gave us something to pimp our Jo-Hans with, including a decent Slant Six (one wonders, where the capital for the tooling came from). Large scale modellers may have been delighted by their fairly recent 1/12 and 1/8 reissues, which included the very sought after Exterminator, a kit that can hold its own even today and is an excellent source for vintage speed equipment in this scale. IIRC it even includes a Potvin option?

Then they catered to the truckers at heart with the re-releases of the loooong missed IMC big rig stuff, the Lil Red Wagon, and also the AMT 34 Ford P/U was a very welcome reissue.

OK, I bought them all. Twice. Even trice. Now what?

I seem to remember that Lindberg is run by a bunch of true veterans of the hobby, some of which having been around since the heyday 60s. Maybe the current management of Lindberg just reached the end of their working life, looking forward to a well deserved retirement?

One thing is for sure. Going down the 1/20 street in this time and age will not save them.

It was a mistake back then and they should have learned their lesson.

Edited by Junkman, 23 February 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#50 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,016 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

I haven't seen one of those either.

http://www.modelcars...erg +61 +impala

#51 Rob McKee

Rob McKee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

I have a couple of these kits in the stash. I was just looking at the convertible and it appears to be OK. Now I just have to dig through and find the others. I did build one awhile back and it is OK. I must of been lucky to not get one of the incorrect versions.

I agree with the 1/20 scale not being a big seller. I really couldn't understand why they were producing kits in that scale. There were a few that would have been great in 1/24 or 1/25 scale.

#52 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I agree with the 1/20 scale not being a big seller. I really couldn't understand why they were producing kits in that scale. 

Back when Lindberg was releasing that 1/20 stuff, they were sending them out to shows to use as door prizes, no doubt to get folks to see them. They were hard to even give away, always the last picks.  I remember winning a few, and I eventually brought them to my show to give away.

#53 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,855 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Maybe , I need to start restocking my shelf with 64 Dodge and Plymouth kits, I mean I think I'm down to under 20 right now.

I've got one of the 66 Chevelles and not sure what I am going to do with it

Send it to me, I can take care of it for you. :D

#54 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

I love the 1/20 scale kits, i have alot of them, i can see  the parts alot better, when building them.

#55 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,777 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

welp there you go: you can see the parts better. and at my age every bit helps.

#56 Bob Turner

Bob Turner

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Turner

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

I love the 1/20 scale kits, i have alot of them, i can see  the parts alot better, when building them.

There's an "amazing" device called an optivisor that you wear on your head, which has magnifying lenses. Get one.

I paid $30 or less for mine at Hobby Lobby, It has the set in lenses in front, flip down lenses behind those that click in place to increase magnification if needed, plus a third single lense on the outside that can be moved in & out of position as needed.

I would say "isn't modern technology wonderful", but these have been around for many, many years. I'm surprised you weren't aware of them already.

#57 ZTony8

ZTony8

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Full Name:Tony Buglione

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Chuck-The shape of the back of the hood and the base of the windshield were incorrect in the first run of the '61 Chevy hardtop.They were much too curved.The next run of the hardtops was corrected.If you see the two versions together you'll clearly see the difference.All of the cars in the white background box were the early,incorrect,version.There were some incorrect bodies early in the stock of the gray background boxes but the majority of that run was the corrected version.The convertibles were the corrected version from the beginning.

#58 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,016 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Brett, Don, or anyone else who might know, what's the latest on Lindberg? Hopefully the loose ends have been tied up after Round2 purchased Lindberg, and we'll see more Lindberg kits soon. I think the 1/16 Bullhorn T is the only "new" Lindberg kit to have been released since the Round2 purchase news broke last year. 

#59 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Well they're exporting the Color Me Gone '64 Dodge and '29 Mercedes-Benz SSK to the Asian market this month.  That will mark the first time anything with the Lindberg brand has been sent to Japan in two years.  Tower Hobbies is still showing an "Early June" release for the Lawman Plymouth Belvedere as well.

Edited by niteowl7710, 02 February 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#60 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

We've already recieve some of the retro boxed car and plane kits at my HTU.