Have you ever had a build you could not seem to get of your bench?

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

#21 crazyrichard

crazyrichard

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Full Name:richard gelens

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

only on my garage diorama , because i started a car build and had so much fun the diorama is still on hold

with cars (kits) i have never had that problem , i just build one project / kit at a time and only when its done i move on to the next ..

atm i have  4 new boxes waighting and every time i see them i think > hmm love to start one but i dont because i know i wont be interested enough in the current project

#22 Jordan White

Jordan White

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts
  • Full Name:Name Full

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I have a different problem: I get bored on a build, so I move on to another. I then decide for the current build that I want a part from an unfinished build, so I take it. Then, when I go to do one of the unfinished builds, I have to figure out how to replace the part I took, which may mean taking from yet another unfinished build (or from an old build on my shelf).  :blink:

#23 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,382 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have been trying to get a Revell 2010 Camaro finished for the last three months or so, had to replace once, stripped the paint once on the replacement body, and then just got it repainted, to have ruined the paint job again :lol: ,  so two cans of Tamiya paint, and one emplacement body and I am pretty much back to where I started from

#24 cobra98

cobra98

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Full Name:Joe

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Yep!! Too Many....... 100_0677.jpg100_0678.jpg100_0679.jpg000_0002_00.jpg

#25 Helix

Helix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Hincks

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

2 Years on the bench, time to finish this one :D

DSC00331-Copy.jpg

DSC00332-Copy.jpg

#26 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

AMT '57 Chrysler 300C, 12 years on the bench as of now. Four different homes, two states, still partially finished. An all time record for me.

G

#27 Rob McKee

Rob McKee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Full Name:Rob McKee

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I to am an all of them type of guy. I have a really hard time saying I am done with a build.

I just keep making the workbench bigger! :rolleyes:

#28 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hey Draggon and Madman, those builds are killer. Let's see those babies done !!!! Or at least progress !!!

Thx Bill. I got some of the Testors Acrylic pearl Green in a bit back, so that 32 might get done! I really hate the lime green engine block and suspension, but its too late now.

#29 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

When AMT first released the '55 Chevy I was in California when I first saw it on a shelf and bought three. I was so excited bringing them home to Indiana on the plane, I must have been thinking they would never have them here. What year was that, 1989? I wanted to build one like my 1:1 black Del Ray, making all the modifications. Mods made, it still sits on the bench unfinished long after my 1:1 is gone. "Some day", I keep thinking. In the mean time I have lost the windows and will have to open number two. So yeah, I know what it's like. http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/rmvw/DSC04177.jpgth_DSC04178.jpgth_DSC04177.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy, 15 December 2012 - 02:38 AM.