#1 Scottnkat

Scottnkat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Garner

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

This was made from the Lindberg kit.  This one started relatively simple, then became a nightmare.
The finish was nail polish and I painted the whole body and all panels as one unit to ensure an even finish.
The box top shows a white top, but I wanted more of a brushed aluminum look, so I took some creative license

DSCN2204a.jpg

DSCN2205a.jpg

Here's the interior dash:

DSCN2209a.jpg

The doors open and the windows roll up and down:

DSCN2214a.jpg

The hood opens to show the engine:

DSCN2211a.jpg

#2 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Really cool ! l've been curious about this kit for a long time. Seeing it built is giving my ideas about some custom treatments. I always assumed it was a curbside. Nice engine work. Bart.

#3 Scottnkat

Scottnkat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Bart, this was the first kit my wife bought me after I had my accident.  It was her idea to use model-building to help me get some dexterity in my hand and fingers.  At the time, I figured that Lindberg = few pieces and easy to do.  When we got home and I opened it up, I told her that we're going to need to wait on this as there was no way I could do that kit at the time.  It'd been sitting in the hobby room since then and I finally decided to give it a go. 

It's a nice little kit and I loved all the extra little things about it - I'm thinking that if I get another one, I'm building one with a removable targa top...  :P

#4 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

the cougar2 was originally an IMC kit, they were usually well detailed though the ones I had personally seemed a bit smaller than the 1/25 scale claimed on the box.

the door windows on the cougar2 don't actually "roll" up/down but the are made to be raised/lowered and I think the front wheels are poseable.

#5 Scottnkat

Scottnkat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

Thanks, Mike - poor wording on my part.  You're right, the windows don't roll down - they sorta slide up and down.  And yes, the front wheels are poseable. 

#6 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Very Nice! Not the easiest kit in the world by any means, but yours turned out well! I built this one a few years ago, and I had my share of swearing under my breath as there are some fiddly bits about it. ;)

Mike's correct about the windows--------they raised and lowered on spring loaded "risers" IIRC, as there wasn't an actual window regulator to wind the glass up and down.

#7 Scottnkat

Scottnkat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

thanks, Bill.  I'm happy with how it turned out, too.  yep - the windows kinda slide up and down - they don't roll