Model Cars Magazine Forum

Elvira's '58 Thunderbird

Scottnkat

Just in time for Halloween, I finished up Elvira's '58 Macabre Mobile. This was a rather fun build. It was built mostly box-stock with only a few additions and modifications. One note if you choose to get this - the interior decals are incomplete and don't cover everything they need to - paint is needed in the spaces "in between". Anyway, here's the body shots:

DSCN1992a.jpg

DSCN1993a.jpg

DSCN1996a.jpg

and here's a closer shot of the interior. I really dig the skull shift knob and I just had to add dice hanging from the mirror.

DSCN1997a.jpg

Here's under the hood:

DSCN1998a.jpg

Here's the underside:

DSCN1999a.jpg

Thanks, guys

Actually, Bart, I'd stopped posting on here because I got tired of all the antagonistic posts I kept reading. I was getting ticked off at comments I'd read where others were degrading something someone had posted. So, I stopped posting on here at all.

I decided to give it another go and try again. I'm hoping things have changed a bit. It's nice to hear from you, man - I hope you're doing well

Thanks, guys

Actually, Bart, I'd stopped posting on here because I got tired of all the antagonistic posts I kept reading. I was getting ticked off at comments I'd read where others were degrading something someone had posted. So, I stopped posting on here at all.

I decided to give it another go and try again. I'm hoping things have changed a bit. It's nice to hear from you, man - I hope you're doing well

...........l understand ! l've been pretty picky & choosy with my comments, but the overall mentallity does seem to have mellowed lately. Glad to have you back !!!

Thank you, Bart and Derick. This is my third time trying to be on this site and I'm hoping third time's the charm.

I'm lucky that most of the family likes to build (well, the oldest daughter seems to have stalled on her Ghost Rider vinyl figure...). Good luck working on the nephews - I hope they dig it and get into it as much as my kids have.

Thanks alot, David - it was a fun build