Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Ramchargers - On the shelf

gtx6970

This is one of my favorite builds ever. This one was from the beginning to be a get it started to get it done in a timely fashion with out a lot of drama or delays.

I never knew this car even existed till I saw another members build ( caine440 ) and I could not get it out of my mind. It was about this same time I stumbled onto a promo on ebay and a light bulb went off that I couldn't get to go out.

It started out as a re-issued Johan promo that I think is an 80's release that is actually stryene instead of the original warp prone acetate. Chassis is just a simple slammed together from the Lindberg 1964 Dodge with the 8-3/4 rear axle from the Revell Dart. I might someday add some paint detail to the underside ( doubt it ) Hood is molded shut and it will stay that way, so there is no engine in it .It's a curbside.

Paint is Duplicolor white laquer sprayed straight from the rattle can with UPOL rattle can urethane clear. Lettering is for now just some clear address labels I drummed up and printed off on my computer till the actual water slide decals show up,,, but visually nothing will change.

Its not perfect but I am really pleased with the finished product.

Enjoy, I know I sure did.

This was my ultimate goal.

1961Ramchargers.jpg

DSC02031.JPG

DSC02034.JPG

DSC02032.JPG

DSC02030.JPG

You should be pleased , it looks great ! I too like that particular Ramchargers car and would love to find a promo like you did . Very nice work .

In case your interested , there is a resin copy of the original kit on Ebay now

Thanks for the nice comments.